Saturday, August 4, 2012

Bling for Boys?

Just a little.  Usually I use brads or some other non-glittery embellishment, but I think these dark blue gems are okay for a little boy.  Can't believe that a couple of my grandchildren are heading off to school on the 13th of August.  That is so early. Shouldn't school start in September?
  This is the card I made for one of my grandsons who is going into Kindergarten.
This cute bird with backpack is by Doodle Pantry.  He is just one of many in the set.  (I added the glasses because my grandson wears glasses).  As you can see in the photo below, the set comes with outline and colored.  I love the colored version.  Love the way Laurie colors them and it makes it so easy for us when we don't want to take the time to color.

.
Make sure you check out the Doodle Pantry Challenge  which runs til August 25.  Free digital set just for playing!

Base card is Kraft by GKD.
Crayon DP - Stampin' Up
Twine by Baker's Twine
Sketch - Mark's Finest

Challenges:
Mark's Finest - sketch with string
A Blog Named Hero - freestyle
Pile It On - cute as can be
Kraft Journal - use any sketch
Really Reasonable Ribbon - bling and ribbon
CASE Study - signature style
Raise the Bar - back to school

17 comments:

  1. I love how you added glasses onto the school birdie - he looks so "academic"! Your grandson is going to love the card AND KINDERGARTEN - it's a magical time! (Can you tell I spent a lot of time substitute teaching in kindergarten?! Love it!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the little glasses that you put on the bird to personalize it - so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awww...so cute!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really love your take on the sketch, and am SO grateful that you chose to play along in the Sketch With a Twist Challenge at Speedy TV this week. Your card is darling, and I hope you enjoyed joining us. Hope to see you again next week for another cute sketch - it's going to be a fun week!
    Blessings,
    Karen Letchworth, Hostess
    Sketch With a Twist

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card and I'm with Elizabeth those glasses really make it personal. Your grandson will love it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute card, what a great image! I hope the little boy enjoys it :) Many thanks for joining us at CASE Study! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card (though I don't want to think about going back to school yet...I've got another 4 weeks to go!)
    Thanks for sharing your signature style with us at CASE Study! :)
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a sweet card! I love that you added glasses to personalize the card even more! I used to LOOOVVEEE back to school time. All the new supplies (big surprise I turned into a crafter!). Thanks for playing with us a A Blog Named Hero!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So adorable and love that you personalized the image by adding the glasses...he will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Raise the Bar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Cute image and perfect for the occasion. We have two more weeks to go. Thanks for joining us at CASE study this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is so cute
    LOVE the little glasses!!
    My daughter had glasses at that age! (she's now 24!)
    Oh WHAT MEMORIES!!!
    Hugs
    Lorianna

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a CUTE CUTE card! Love that image and the glasses you added.. and I love the blue bling a perfect touch!
    Thank you for joining us last week at PIO!!
    Have a GREAT day!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is so adorable! Your grandson will love it! Our kids start on August 13th and some of the surrounding schools are already back in. Really early I think too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Adorable card! Thanks so much for participating in our Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh my goodness your grandson will love it, too cute! AND I just LOVE the glasses Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh how cute is this?? I love the papers and layout. Great job!!

    ReplyDelete