Saturday, September 22, 2012

Late Again !

 I did it again.  I missed two more challenges.  I made this card based on a challenge at CASE Study and this card .  I love the idea of the sky behind the cut out.  But I made it Thursday and by then the challenge had moved on to another.  I'm still glad I made this card and will do more with the same technique. The other challenge - well, who cares?    I had fun making this card , there are plenty of challenges, and most importantly, I hope you enjoy it.


The balloon image is a new (for me) Itty Bitty stamp by Unity called Adventurous and the sentiment is from the Ippity set Authentic Man.
The banner Kraft is Funday by My Mind's Eye.
Image is colored with Prisma Pencils
Using a scallop die cut piece, I sponged the blue onto a piece of white card stock.  I really enjoy playing around making sky backgrounds now ever since I saw a tutorial on this technique.  Thank you Angie.

Challenges:
Kraft Journal - lavish layers
Crafty Creations - around the world (in eighty days)
Really Reasonable Ribbon - autumn colors
Di's Digital - use more than one die cut
Speedy TV - trains, cars planes (hot air balloons?)
Unity Opportunity - fall
Unity Stamp Co - banners, pennants
Your Next Stamp - anything
Ribbon Carousel - fall

12 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! I find that I always miss challenge deadlines but at least you have a lovely card to show for it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card I love the colourful ballow :)
    Thanks for joining us for Di's Digi Challenge & Good Luck!
    Hugs
    Tracey
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like all things Hot Air Balloon. Wonderful card. The annual Hot Air Balloon Festival here is this weekend. Hubby & I typically go but the # of balloons has decreased each yr and hardly any shape balloons come so we decided to not go this yr. I find I miss challenges also even though I keep a notebook on them because sometimes I cannot access the blog due to a blogger issue and then the date passes when I finally get access to the blog. Oh well, just enjoy the time.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got so busy writing about blogger issues I forgot to thank you for entering Mark's Finest Papers (MFP) Speedy TV Simple Salutations Ch#12 Vehicle: Planes, Trains & Automobiles, etc. Hot Air Balloon is a wonderful way of transportation.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"
    MFP Simple Salutations Hostess

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your clouds look fabulous and the card is super cute! Thanks so much for joining us for our lavish layers challenge this week at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever take on our challenge this week at Crafty Creations. Great card and I so know how you feel about missing a challenge or two - I have done it many times :) but at least you had fun! Thanks for sharing your card with us this week at Crafty Creations. Regards Meighan

    ReplyDelete
  7. cute, thanks again for joining us at Your Next Stamp

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card with super colours & details! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Di's Digi Designs Challenge! Shelly x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a happy ballloon! Thanks for sharing with us again at YNS - always fun visiting you :>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. very very cute!! Thank you for joining us at Really Reasonable Ribbon Challenge!!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh how lovely!!
    Thanks for playing along with the Unity Opportunity/Ippity Chlalenge!
    ~JenMarie Taylor, {ippity} chick

    ReplyDelete