Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Dream But Remember

  There are a lot of you, who like me, hate to use your beautiful designer papers, especially if they are double sided.  The Lost and Found pad by My Mind's Eye torments me.  So I took the plunge and used several sheets.  Yes,(gasp) using adhesive on one of the fabulous sides.  When I started this card, my plan was to use all paper, no stamping.  But I love the sentiment in the Ippity set Now and Always so I did end up stamping that. It is important to dream but not to the point of not living in the present and paying attention to what is important and memorable right now.




  I tried to keep the newsprint theme of the papers.  Should I let you in on a booboo?  I glued the black paper ribbon on the wrong side!  But it turned out okay anyway. I am glad I decided to use paper instead of ribbon.

Here is the sketch I used:

Hope you like my card.  I am trying out for a DT position so would love to know what you think.  And I would love to hear about your paper phobias. LOL

Challenges;
Sweet Stop - sketch
Love to Create - anything
Stamp and Create - anything
Party Time Tuesday - anything
Simon Says - anything
Wags n Whiskers - circles
Great Impressions - sentiment

7 comments:

  1. Oh, how pretty Marsha. Love how you used that image from the DP as the focal point! What booboo?! Turned out perfect! :o) Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks great, thanks for joining us at Love to Create. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know exactly what you mean about using beautiful papers! So glad you cut into these, though, I love that bird! Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Great use of the DP's. Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! Thanks for participating in LOVE TO CREATE challenge!! Hope to see you again!
    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats Marsha!

    You were selected as one of our Top Pix for the Great Impressions Stamps September challenge! Hop on over to claim your badge!

    http://greatimpressionsstamps.blogspot.com/2012/10/october-monthly-challenge-and-our-top.html

    Amazing card Marsha! Thanks for joining in the challenge!

    Hugs,

    Jenny

    ReplyDelete