Tuesday, January 15, 2013

A New Heart

It is so good to be back to my passion - making cards.  I was beginning to wonder if the desire would ever return.  But yes, it is back.  Mojo is back.  Strength is back.  And unfortunately that means I can do housework now too. (insert sad face)  Seriously, I am so very thankful to be recovering so fully.  I started driving again, grocery shopping again, and this week I will be back as an Awana leader.  The Lord has been good to me.  I went to lunch with a daughter the other day and was lamenting that none of my shirts have a high enough neckline to cover the scar.  She said, "Mom, wear your scar with pride.  It means you are alive."  Very true.  How silly to let vanity get in the way.
Now , there is a  connection to all that with the card I am going to show you . I am making a lot of love and Valentine cards right now and as I stamp on the hearts or sentiments about the heart, it is a constant reminder that my heart is still beating.
I love this verse on the card.  The surgeons repaired my heart which has given me extended life here on earth but God created in me the possibility of a clean heart through the death and resurrection of Jesus.

The sentiment is from Word Art .  Hearts are from my new set by GKD, Happy Hearts.
Sketch is Dutch Dare 


I love the BG paper.  I have had it for ages.

Other Challenges:
Kraft Journal - use scraps
Crafty Creations - something new


5 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this card, Marsha. I love the way you've used this fun sketch so perfectly, and combined it with this week's word art scripture. What a great job, and I'm thrilled beyond words that you've chosen to fellowship with us this week. THanks SO MUCH, and have a blessed week in the Lord!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. Marsha,
    You have kept the integrity of the sketch so beautifully. It is a lovely card; the colors not what you'd expect with a heart, but very effective.
    Thank you for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Carole Robb Bisson
    The Blessing of the LORD be Upon You!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a special verse and extra special for all you've been through!!
    I love the color combo and the sketch of this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post Marsha and your card is beautiful. Yes celebrate being alive; much more important than a scar... hugs \glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a wonderful card, great interpretation of that sketch, and I love your colors too ! Thanks for playing along with us for our scraps challenge at The Kraft Journal!

    ReplyDelete