Sunday, October 15, 2017

Using A Stencil For Backgrounds

Oh my goodness!  I just used a stencil for the first time and how much fun is that?!
This stencil is by Stamplorations and even though I have had it a year, I have never used it, never thought I could pull off a great look.  But by using some Oxide distress inks, it was a snap and do I ever love the results.
Such an easy way to make a lovely CAS card.  Sorry if I seem to be bragging.  I'm not - just blown away at how fun and easy this was to create something beautiful.

The sentiment is also Stamploration.  I added a copper colored leaf brad just for the fun of it and I thought it needed a piece of interest.
The Oxide Distress inks I used are Twisted Citron, Wild Honey, and Picked Raspberry.  When that bright pink is combined with the yellow Wild Honey, it makes the prettiest orange.

Thanks for looking.

Challenges:
Joy Clair WCMD - building backgrounds
Joy Clair - anything goes
7 Kids - anything from the store (Tim Holtz Distress Oxides)
Deep Oceans - Autumn colors
Simon Wednesday - thinking of you
Stamploration - never ending challenge

2 comments:

  1. The colors are so BEAUTIFUL!! Love the gradient in your inking! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Thinking of You” Challenge! Beautiful colors and design. Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh did you notice how well this card matches your blog? Beautiful work! The stenciling has a wonderful watercolor effect, I love the CAS look! Thank you for joining us at 7Kids!

    ReplyDelete