Thursday, December 14, 2017

Fullness of Joy

After spending the majority of the last three days at the hospital with my mom (she is 94 and had a heart attack Monday), I needed some down time.  Of course that means making a card or at least coloring.  I had this digital cup (Verve) and sentiment printed out so I took a few minutes to color it and turn it into a card.


As I was coloring it and adding Stickles to the snowflake, I thought about what it said.  The first phrase reminds me of Psalms 23:5 "...my cup overflows".    Oh, the goodness of God and His blessings.  My cup is not just full but overflowing.  And the second phrase makes me think of  Psalms 16:11 " You, Lord, will make known to me the path of life.  In Your presence there is fullness of joy.  In Your right hand there are pleasures for evermore. "  Those verses turn this sentiment into more than just a sweet wish, they are a prayer for the recipient.

The background is embossed with a Cuttlebug folder.  The cup and heart colored with Copics.
A simple, CAS card.  I didn't want to spend to much energy on it.  In stead just wanted to relax.
I used a loose interpretation of the MFT sketch:
Off to bed.  Will post this for tomorrow morning (when you will be reading it) before heading out to the hospital.  Today we make arrangements for mom to go to a rehab facility for awhile.

Challenges:
Stamploration CAS

Cuttlebug Mania - Christmas Time
Word Art Wednesday - anything 
MFT card sketch
Coffee Lovers Blog Hop 
All Sorts - snowflakes
Crop Stop - anything
Words 2 Craft By - I will honor Christmas in my heart and try to keep it all the year
 

14 comments:

  1. Beautiful card and a beautiful sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the "prayer" sentiment. The embossed background is pretty. Great job coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for joining Allsorts challenge with this great entry, good luck.
    Happy crafting
    Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  4. So sorry about your mom! Prayers for you!
    Love your pretty coffee themed card - great sentiment!
    Thanks for linking up to the Cropstop blog - so happy you played along again this month!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE your take on the Words 2 Craft By challenge - and the soft colors are perfect. Healing thoughts for your Mom, and cyber hugs for you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful and love that sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, lovely image!
    Thank you for sharing at Allsorts;-))m

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sorry to hear about your mother and prayers to you and your family for her recovery. Love your coffee-themed card - so pretty and wonderful sentiment. So glad you shared with us at Words2Craft by for our Christmas challenge :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card! Great colors and sentiment.
    Thinking of you and your mom.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marsha, First things first, this is such a sweet card... with a wonderful sentiment. Thanks for sharing it with us at W2CB. More importantly, sending even more thoughts, prayers, and hugs to you, your mom, and your family. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful card, I love how the snowflake on the coffee cup matches the beautiful embossed background. I hope your Mum feels better soon! Thank you for playing along with the STAMPlorations CAS Challenge. We hope to see you back again soon! Karola, DT, InvisiblePinkCards

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great holiday sentiment ... so glad you joined our CAS Challenge at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete