Friday, May 11, 2018

Orange Azaleas

It is the time of year for azaleas . I have bright pinks, soft pinks, and purples in my yard but no orange. Going to get one some year!
 I have only used this new stamp set by Power Poppy a few times but with all the azaleas outside, it was time to play with this set again.

Using the single blossom stamp, I stamped a background with black ink, adding just a touch of green and orange.  The main image is colored with Copics then cut with an Elizabeth Crafts Stitched Oval. It is backed with a Spellbinder oval.   Blossoms on the ribbon are fussy cut.   I love finding ribbon in my stash that is the same color as the image or cardstock.

We have some huge azalea bushes so I cut some today for my dining room table.


Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Dies R Us - flowers
Die Cut Divas - May flowers
Power Poppy - Black and White with pop of color
Patties Creations - flowers
Cardz TV - anything




5 comments:

  1. What a beautiful creation Marsha! Love that you used the stamp as the background and foreground focus image! Looks awesome with you pretty coloring! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Flowers’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is perfect for our current challenge “Flowers” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    What a pretty image!
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just love the smaller azaleas stamped in the background, it really almost has a toile feel. Gorgeous design Marsha! Thanks for joining us at Power Poppy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely card and great colors. I like that background too. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So pretty ... love the azaleas ... thanks for participating in Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge. Good Luck.
    DT ... Dawn

    ReplyDelete