Wednesday, September 11, 2019

My Life is Changed Forever

  Six months today, I said "good bye" to my favorite person, my dearest friend, my husband.  He died suddenly.  After having him as my "better half" for 51 years, I am truly now just half a person.  There is no way to describe the loss, the hole in my heart, the hole in my life.
  Things that were important to me aren't any more.  Things that held my interest bore me.  I used to spend hours looking at blogs, reading blogs, looking at cards by other card makers, entering challenges.  I haven't made a card these six months.  I used to make several a week but I can't conjure up any creativity yet.  I can't even get myself to color with my Copics.
  This grief process is hard and long.  I wonder daily how am I going to live the rest of my life without him.  I miss him and I miss what we would have shared together.  But in my intense grief, I take refuge in the Lord.  He is my Comforter.  He is the One I turn to multiple times each day.  He knows my pain;  He empathizes with me.  I know He will take me through this Valley of the Shadow of Death and eventually I will come through the valley to joy again.  The journey is hard.  I don't like it but God has allowed it, so I do choose to not give in to despair. 


  I'm not sure I have any followers left and because I am not entering a challenge, most will not even read this post.  But I'm posting anyway to let you know why I have been away from Blogland.
  I will be back - some day.  Just not yet.


10 comments:

  1. Oh Marsha..... I know words are cheap at a time like this, and I don't know what to say other than, "I'm so very sorry!" I have missed you and your cards, but I certainly understand your absence. I will be praying for you as you come to mind. May the Lord walk with you through this deep valley....Hugs sweet blogging friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so sorry. I lost my wonderful husband 5 years ago. Like you it was sudden. He was my everything. It has been horrible but eventually you get to the point where you can live but never as well and never will you stop missing him. It is just not as raw. I am going to pray for you because you need prayers. I make more cards now than before. Card making was my saving grace and kept me from thinking about how lonely I was and how much I missed him. Oh I took lots of cry breaks and still do occasionally. I started a card ministry at my church and I make cards for anyone who needs one. My pastor sends me the names and I get the card out. God be with you and if you ever need a shoulder I can be your gal. It is sometimes easier to talk to a stranger.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, my sympathy for your loss. We buried my brother this past Tuesday so I can understand walking that road back to a different life. My prayers and thoughts are with you during this difficult journey. Big hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dearest Marsha, my deepest sympathy for your loss. I know your pain, we lost our beautiful son 2 years ago at the age of 23. What i do know is the God is our refuge and his mercy is everything. May our Lord comfort you during this painful season in your life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been terrible about blog visiting aside from my DT responsibilities, but I was scrolling my blog and looking at my "blogs I follow" list that shows and noticed I didn't see anything from you. I opened it up to show the total list and saw this post. I am so sorry to hear that you lost your husband! I writing this with tears in my eyes, and I wish I had seen this sooner, but maybe you need to know that someone is thinking of you and praying for you today. I've not gone through this and can't imagine what you're going through, but I'm thankful that you know the Lord and have Him with you each day. (How do people deal with this without Him?)
    I am praying for you today and will be as the Lord brings you to mind.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so very sorry for your loss. I hear the pain in your words and I understand. I pray that you are doing better day by day. I hope you will feel like making cards once again as it once brought you joy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so sorry for your loss. I hope you will find a way back to your hobby and share your talent to those people that might need a card.

    ReplyDelete