Tuesday, November 10, 2015

First of Many Tags

You are probably going to hear this more than once on my blog - I am a procrastinator.  Ginger's House has a downloadable sentiment: " I put the pro in procrastinator".   That always applied to my husband, but 47 years has rubbed off on me.   Not in everything, mind you.  But big time when it comes to getting ready for Christmas.  I am really trying to change that.  I have three out of the 27 gifts I need.  Don't laugh!  That is a big deal for me!  One thing I have started on is Christmas tags.  I have always wanted to make cute and beautiful tags but run out of time.  I never use store-bought but the ones I make are 1 minute tags - stamp to and from and cut in a shape.   Trying to change that this year.
One of the challenge blogs, In My Creative Opinion, is showing Christmas tags for 25 days.  So much eye-candy and inspiration - just what I need.
So here is the first tag, inspired by Jennifer Ingle's tag.
I printed a digital image by Doodle Pantry from the All Is Calm set.
Where all the printed ornaments are on the image, I added brads, gems, and colored pearls.  The red star is a foam sticker.  To keep the sparkle going, I backed the tag with blue metallic cardstock and added silver cording for the tie.
Here is Jennifer's beautiful tag
 Challenges:
Creative Moments - anything goes
Time Out - Christmas
In My Creative Opinion - tags
CASual Fridays - metals
V's Sweet Ideas - bling
Crafty Calendar - bling, sparkle, embellishments
Come and Get It - sparkle
Little Scrap Pieces - anything
Doodle Pantry -monthly challenge 

10 comments:

  1. Well done for getting started. Love this tag and your added gems and red star look fabulous. Thanks for joining Time Out

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good for you trying to change your ways. Send some of those vibes to me I am a perpetual procrastinator! Ha ha Thank you so much for joining me at the 25 Days of Christmas Tags!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful tag--good for you for trying not to procrastinate. Thanks so much for taking Time Out this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well that's 3 more gifts than I've got Marsha! What a great way to use up enamel dots and bling...it looks so pretty! Thanks for playing along at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love these tags. The first one is very clever, great thinking!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good that you start like this and hope you will enjoy doing the tags in this way. You gave it a beautiful start! Thank you for taking the TIME OUT and joining us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the sentiment Xmas tree you created and the blue metallic card stock is gorgeous. So very glad you got a start on your tags, I tried to make some last year but got so overwhelmed with how many I needed to make!! Thank you so much for joining us at TIME OUT and CAS-ual Fridays!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha I'm a procrastinator too! Great tag, thanks for joining us for AIMPDC#11 hope to see you again and good luck! Dawn Doodle Pantry DT.

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is sooo FUN!! Thanks for joining us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fab Christmas tag Marsha. Love all the bling. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Calendar in our "Sparkle, Bling and Embellish Challenge" and we hope you join us again real soon. Hugs, Gale DT

    ReplyDelete