Monday, November 2, 2015

So Many Blessings

Years ago, while I was working my way out of decades of depression, I was challenged to develop an Attitude of Gratitude.  That was a HUGE step in my recovery.
Most everyone lists family, friends, health, etc when they count their blessings and those are on the top of my list.  But to actually become grateful for little things did change my attitude.  I am so thankful for so many things - electricity, sunshine, hot water, colors, flavors, coffee(I just had to throw that last one in there!)  But seriously, how much we take all the every day blessings for granted.  So I am passing on the challenge to you to develop an attitude of gratitude.  You will be amazed at how better you feel and how much more you enjoy life.
Now on to my card (finally!).  The challenge at the Kraft Journal is "Blessings".  With Thanksgiving Day coming up, it should not be too hard to make a "blessings" card.


I apologize for the poor quality of the photo.  I tried several locations and light sources but this is the best I could come up with.  Such is the plight of our cloudy days.  For the card, I used Unity stamps (3) to stamp onto Buff Ivory Cardstock with brown ink and then added a bit of colored pencil.  The main stamp is a tree and house so I masked and stamped an additional tree.  The list of blessings is part of another stamp so I did some masking for that one too.
Because I had trees on my mind, I embossed a piece of Lunch Bag Text paper with a Cuttlebug wood grain EF and layered that onto a Buff Ivory card base.  The twine is from the Dark Jewel Hemp Cord at the Kraft Outlet. 

Challenges:
Cuttlebug Mania - trees
Simon Wednesday - anything
DLArt - November anything


4 comments:

  1. hi Marsha! an adorable card, luv the titled panels and green ribbon! I am thrilled you played along with us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    sparkle & shine *~*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card, I really love the idea of your card, its so pretty and filled with meaning,
    Thanks for playing along over at DL.ART!

    Hugs, Lori m
    littlemscraftedmind.blogspot.com
    DL.ART DT Member


    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, such a sweet sentiment. I feel like your card.
    Thank you for joining my DL.ART Thankful Thursday Anything Goes NOVEMBER Linky Challenge. Have a blessed day
    DIANA L.

    DL.ART DESIGN TEAM MEMBER
    DL.ART
    http://dianamlarson.blogspot.com
    http://dianamlarson.ctmh.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, I love the natural colours

    Thanks for playing along at Cuttlebug Mania this time x

    ReplyDelete