Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Butterflies and Blues

As I look at cards on other blogs, I am drawn to butterflies and shades of blue lately.  So with the the inspiration of others, I made a few cards with both.
I'm not very good with the grunge look but I was determined to make one I liked and therefore CASED Shery Russ's card.
Here is my version:
and I actually like it!  Thanks Shery.
I started by printing the verse which has a swish of blue water on the left side (Maxam Made).  Then I used stamps from Unity, Stampin' Up, Stamploration, Joy Clair, and an unknown company stamp.
Inks used: Momento Black, Stampin'Up Not Quite Navy, Ranger Wild Honey Distress Oxide.
I am always afraid my one layer cards won't turn out so I seldom make them.  This is almost one layer! I adhered the inked panel to a white base.
No die cuts!  that doesn't happen very often.

Challenges:
Double D - butterflies
Words2Craft By
Crop Stop - anything
Work It Wednesday - inspired by sunshine
Joy Clair - anything
Patties Creations - anything that flies
MFT - colors - blue, white, yellow
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Stamploration Birthday CASE

11 comments:

  1. Excellent casing and what a beautiful butterfly card! Love the blue and yellow color scheme and the collage of stamps! So very happy you linked this up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely - I just love, love this technique - I cannot get enough of it - love the look of how stamping turns out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marsha this is awesome! Love the design and colors! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Butterflies’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful faux collage look (probably not the right name for the technique but that's what it reminded me of!) Very pretty color scheme. Thanks for taking the time to share with us at Word Art Wednesday!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is perfect for our current challenge “Anything that Flys” at Pattie’s Creations Design Challenge.
    What pretty images!
    Pattie
    Artist & Owner

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like your version even better! The text in the background really sets off the pretty butterflies. Thanks for joining us at Words 2 Craft By!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Noticed the Unity butterfly right away.Such a beautiful card. Great CASE. Thanks for helping STAMPlorations celebrate 5 years.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Marsha, What a pretty card, and I love that it started with the sentiment! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. awesome image and loved the background. A great card.Thanks for playing along with us at Pattie's Creations Design Challenge. Hope to see you again
    Shylaa DT@PCDC
    Adhiraacreations

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh, this is lovely. so effective. Thanks for entering our challenge this month at Patties Creations - Vic, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on the inspiration card and the challenge phrase! Your card is just gorgeous and I love that color combo. Thank you for joining us at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete