Thursday, September 6, 2018

Apple Season

Apples sauce, apple butter, apple pies.  Love them all.  Not so much the work involved but when I see those pretty jars lined up, and then pop one of them open later in the year, I know the work was worth it.  So because I have apples on my mind (and on the porch, counters, etc.), I made a card with them too.
Several blog challenges aided in what I did and how I did it.
The sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches

the colors at MFT Color Challenge

Simon Wednesday challenge - stamp
Simon Monday challenge - stamp

The truck stamp is Stampin'Up, grain stamp - GKD, apples - Craftin' Desert Divas
Coloring is Copic and Prisma pencils.
Card base is Brown Kraft from the Kraft Outlet

Other Challenges:
Double D - anything with wheels
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Stamploration Theme - anything



8 comments:

  1. This is awesome Marsha! I love 'old truck images' and this one is an oldie but a goodie! Your little row of apple embellishments are just perfect! Great job! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Let’s Pop a WHEELie’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful card! What a great image!!
    (I love apple season and all the wonderful things to be made!! My daughter makes delicious apple cider donuts where she works!)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous old truck and colored so perfectly, love your take on the sketch, too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love anything made with apples too, but I'm also a sucker for an old truck like this! Great image and coloring and the wheat springs look fantastic! Thanks for joining us at the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card and so beautifully coloured, this is fabulous! Thank you so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a wonderful card. I love your whole design, everything just comes together perfectly. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D POP A Wheelie Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!


    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your old truck full of apples, and the little bit of blue gingham, Shona! Thank you for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. All those apple things make me miss living in WV. This is a gorgeous card. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete