Saturday, September 1, 2018

Back to a Routine

It's not like I haven't had busy times in my life.  Raising and homeschooling six kids tends to be time consuming and take some energy.  Let's not forget about raising calves and chickens, having a garden, canning, baking, running a small food co-op, and when the kids were teens running our own restaurant.  But I don't think I have ever been as busy or as tired as this summer.  At this age, 50 days of grands and other company in 10 weeks time just about did me in.  As much as I hate to admit it, the phrase in the sentence above (at this age) is probably the culprit.  Besides the company, I did have a huge garden, flower beds, high temperatures, and several weeks of smoke because of the forest fires.  I'm sure some or all of that contributed to my succumbing to the flu this past Sunday and why I am having a hard time bouncing back.
Is there a lesson here for me? 
I have never been one to act my age but I think it is time to face up to the fact that I am not a young superwoman and need to slow it down a bit.
Anyway, now that all the grands are back in school and friends and family are into their Fall schedules, I can get back to making more cards (although there still are a lot of pears to can and applesauce to make!)  I have made a few here and there during the summer but now it is time for some Autumn/Thanksgiving cards and do I dare say it, Christmas cards.
Here is one I made yesterday evening using the sketch at MFT. 
Sketch:

After coloring one of the pages in the Stamploration Color Blooms coloring book with Copics, I cut it into strips and adhered to a white base (GKD heavy cardstock).  The sentiment is by Altenew which I embosses with white EP.

Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - anything
House that Stamps Built - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Crop Stop - anything
Stamploration Theme - anything
Stamploration Never ending challenge

5 comments:

  1. What a pretty take on the sketch, Marsha, and the text behind your flowers is wonderful, too! Thank you so much for sharing your work with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge! I hope you'll be feeling back to yourself soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your take on that sketch - such gorgeous fall colors too! Gorgeous card! Thanks for linking up to Cropstop!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So happy you playing along in the Anything Goes challenge over at The House That Stamps Built too!

      Delete
  3. This is gorgeous!!! I love how you color the flowers and the image looks great cut into the strips! Great take on the sketch! Thanks for playing with The House That Stamps Built.

    ReplyDelete