Saturday, October 13, 2018

Autumn Birthdays

Autumn is my favorite time of year.  I really enjoy making cards during these months.  And I am into cards with a little different twist, fold, or interest right now so I cut and made a center step card.

After cutting and folding the right places on the Pumpkin Spice cardstock, I cut pieces of designer paper for the sides and strip that would be below the main image, which is a stamp and coordinating die by Stamploration.  I colored it with Copics and Prisma pencils.
The four pumpkins are cut with a Spellbinder die, and then rolled a bit for dimension.  They are attached with foam tape.  I wish I had a wheat or corn die but because I don't, I used the next best thing -  Time Holtz Sizzix wildflowers.
The happy birthday sentiment (Stampin Up) is embossed with copper.
Here is a template I used for the card:
I made the cuts with my small trimmer and even though I have a score blade for it, I prefer making the score lines with my ScorPal.

My card is going to a sister whose husband owns the biggest fruit packing plant in the state especially for apples so I think she will like the image on the card.  (I do and I don't have a packing plant !!! LOL)

Challenges: 
Die Cut Divas - Autumn
Die Cuttin Divas - 3 d project
Scor Pal - Fall, Harvest
Stamploration Theme - Autumn


Cutploration - photo inspiration

Stamploration Never ending anything goes - Fall

Crop Stop - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything 
Three Amigos - Autumn
Stamping Sensations - Shades of Autumn
If You Give a Crafter a Cookie - cookie photo inspiration

10 comments:

  1. Such a fun design and I love the piece of burlap behind your pretty autumn basket! Thanks for linking this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A really pretty Autumnal creation in lovely warm colours of the season, many thanbks for joining in with our 'Shades of Autumn Autumn' theme at Stamping Sensations challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely Autumnal colours and I like your use of hessian in the background as it tones in really well. Thank you for sharing this with us at Stamping Sensations and good luck. Sandra x

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the card and I don't own a fruit packing plant either. Super creative. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How fun is this card?!! Love the colors and that fun image! Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations Theme & Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful card, screams Autumn. Thanks for joining us at Stamping Sensations.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this pretty fall creation! Thank you so much for joining us at Scor-Pal! Happy scoring!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! Thanks so much for participating at Die Cut Divas Challenge this time and good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful Fall card...We are so blessed you link your artwork with us last Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. There still a few days left for you to join us again in our current Challenge. Leaving you with the inspiration of the Scripture in 1 Thessalonians 2:13 which says, "And we also thank God continually because, when you received the word of God, which you heard from us, you accepted it not as a human word, but as it actually is, the word of God, which is indeed at work in you who believe." Have a blessed day!

    JO ANN
    https://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. what a pretty autumn card! Love this! Thanks for playing along with us at STAMPlorations sketch and theme challenge! :)

    ReplyDelete