Sunday, October 7, 2018

Honeycomb Project

I've always liked honeycomb paper items.  This week I watched some videos to learn how to make them.  It was fun to find out that I really could do this.  So here is my first attempt.  I made a small pumpkin because I knew I wanted to use it on a gift tag.
I didn't have any light weight orange paper so I took printer paper and rubbed it with Distress Oxide inks in order to turn it orange.  Using a pumpkin shaped Spellbinder die, I cut out at least 24 pumpkins, gluing them together per instructions.
Before adhering the pumpkin to the tag (with Scoretape) I rubbed Peeled Paint Distress Oxide onto the tag.  The leaves are Impression Obsession.  The sentiment is Whimsy.
 I love this pumpkin.  I think I will try an apple because I have apple shaped dies too.  If it turns out, you may see it on one of my posts.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - tag
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Dies R Us - anything
Double D - pumpkins
Die Cut Divas - Autumn
Stamploration - Tag with inspirational photo

Power Poppy - background to make an image pop


12 comments:

  1. What a fun tag Marsha! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using dies by companies carried at DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us as well as the 'Scare'n Up Pumpkins' challenge over at Double D. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

    ReplyDelete

  2. Perfect tag for a fall birthday! Thanks for joining our "Anything goes using dies by companies carried at DRU" challenge at Dies R Us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, how very clever. You certainly have more patience than I. Great take on the Mood Board, thanks so much for playing along with us over at the Double D Scare'n Up Some Pumpkins Challenge. Hope we see you back again soon!!
    Judy~ DD DT
    {Judy's Happy Place} Stop by and see me!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your dimensional pumpkin, Marsha. It's super cute and creative. Thanks so much for playing along with us.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a fun tag and you did a great job with the honeycomb pumpkin, thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge, hugs kath xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. You made the pumpkin? I never would have thought. That's a lot of pumpkin cutting, but it turned out fabulous! Thanks for playing along with us at Double D!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How adorable is your tiny tagged pumpkin! Great Fall tag. Thanks for joining in at TAGplorations.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Stunning pumpkin you have Marsha. Well done! Such a delight to see your fall tag at TAGplorations October challenge ~ thank you for playing along with us and good luck!
    Hugs and smiles,
    Asmah
    STAMPlorations {TAGplorations Design Team}
    Qinaahana Arts & Crafts {My Personal Blog}
    My Instagram

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning tag. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.
    Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well creating a honeycomb shape is something I've never tried! What a darling tag -- that pumpkin is just too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my gosh, I love the pumpkin. I don't think I would have the patience to die cut and then put together 24 pieces, but the result is a beautiful tag. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete