Sunday, February 26, 2012

Making Good Use of a Sunday Afternoon (and scraps)

One of my daughters takes seriously the Biblical mandate to take care of orphans and widows.  She and her husband have adopted three children (and have two bios) and every Sunday after church, they drive to my mom's (about 10 miles), fix lunch and spend the afternoon with her.  I often show up too.  Now that football season is over, my daughter suggested helping me with cards that I would send to OWH.  I am trying to plan cards the kids can help with.  I also think this might be a great way to use up some scraps so I take piles of scraps and we try to do something with them.  I finished this card at home but did all the strips at my mom.  I really like how it turned out.
Hearts are Ippity Loads of Love and sentiment is Ippity So This Is Love
Challenges:
Unity Opportunity - CAS  http://www.unityopportunity-challenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/its-challenge-time-again.html
Unity Stamp Co - hearts not red or pink  http://www.theunitystampco-challenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/unity-challenge-february-2012.html
Simon Says - 3 papers http://simonsaysstampschallenge.blogspot.com/2012/02/simon-says-use-3-different-papers.html
Stampin Sisters in Christ - Variegated colors http://stampinsistersinchrist.blogspot.com/2012/02/challenge-128-james-12-3.html

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was browsing the Stampin Sisters challenge and noticed your card! It's beautiful!!! I pinned it on my pinterest board. Shoot me an email if you would rather not have it pinned.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty. Those vertical lines are a stunning look. I like those little hearts. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a gorgeous card Marsha, I love your strip of differing colours and so finish beautifully with the twi hearts and great sentiment.


    I'm glad you could join us at the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    xx Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous design, Marsha. Love this card!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card Marsha, fab design :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a pretty card!!! Fantastic images and sentiment! I would never think to make green hearts but they are awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. this is so pretty! love the monochromatic look:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty! what a nice way to spend time with your daughter and your mother!! So glad you played along with the Ippity challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice card! Love all the colors!!

    http://northernmainescrappygirl.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete