Saturday, August 10, 2013

In A Jam

We are so fortunate to live on several acres and to have a large garden.  In that garden, we have several rows of blueberries and several rows of strawberries.   There are thousands of acres of blueberries and raspberries grown commercially in our county.  But the one berry that grows like a weed everywhere it gets a chance is blackberries.  So we have an abundance of them too.  In fact, my husband has to get pretty aggressive destroying them with his tractor.  I don't like making jam in the heat so I pick all these wonderful berries in the sun, freeze them and then make jam when it is cooler. One of my grandsons (6 yr) wants to make jam with me.  So I made this card to send to him to talk about a date and let him know I have enough picked now.

This beautiful digital image is by Doodle Pantry. I used the precolored version which I lightened a bit before printing and then added a little more purple pencil and highlights with white pen.  Laurie has other berry sets too.  Love them all. The paper comes with the set.
Come play the challenge at Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles.  This adorable Pumpkin Peeps digital set is for you just for playing along.



The sketch I used for my card is Tuesday Morning Sketch :
 It is cloudy this morning so I think I better get outside and pick some more berries before it gets too hot.  
Just a reminder about my blog candy offer - see this post.

Challenges:
Paper Makeup - sunny days digi
Get Inky - ribbons
Penny's Paper Crafting - dry emboss
CASual Friday - buttons
Ribbon Carousel - summertime fun



10 comments:

  1. Nice image. Your card is delightful. Lovely use of our sketch this week. Thank you for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the colours you have used and the patterned paper. Wish I had a printer!!!! Blackberries are just coming out in the hedgerows here in France and our own strawberry plants yielded 10 jars of jam plus a large tub of sorbet....make your jam by the jar in the microwave....less heat and bother!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable and sweet card!

    Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!
    Sylvia xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is so gorgeous card! Love it! Thank you so much for sharing your beutiful card with us at Digi Makeover Challenge - I hope you'll join with us again next week.
    Eret x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your GS will love to get this card!! Have fun making your jam with him!! This is really pretty!!
    Thanks for playing along with us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is lovely..Thank you for sharing with us at Penny's...And good luck.

    Caz xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card Marsha and oh how fun it will be to make jam with your Grandson. I love the taste of blackberries but they do tend to grow into a massive bramble fortress don't they!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful card, Marsha, and perfect to send to your grandson regarding getting together for jam.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty card! I love how you colored the image! Thanks so much for playing along with us over at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your square background with the circle focal point. Nice contrast! So glad you joined the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete