Friday, August 23, 2013

Kitty with a Mustache

It is not obvious but this card is a back to school card. Seriously.

Explanation:  my granddaughter just got a kitty (her first) last week.  Now she will be heading off to school, leaving kitty behind.  So my card to her is to let her know that she will be on my mind the first day of school.  But as she reads the sentiment, she may think that the kitty is on her mind or that she is on the kitty's mind.  See, I covered all the bases with one sentiment!  which is by Verve.
The kitty image is by Doodle Pantry.  The kitty is black with a white mustache and white paws but has to be on the gray side to show up on the card. Here is the Doodle Pantry set:
I used the Mojo Monday sketch:
And for those of you who follow me on a regular basis, you will know that from time to time, I try to get shabby.  So this is another attempt.  The background paper is a piece of October Afternoon Field Trip paper which has school related drawings and words.  The other designer papers are just pieces in my stash, distressing most of them. Base is Kraft.  I used a flower from Close to My Heart and a heart charm that has been in my stash for years.
What do you think?

Challenges:
Kraft Outlet - colors
Crafty Creations - shabby
Simon Wednesday Challenge - back to school
Totally Papercraft - tags and hearts
Love to Scrap - bingo:  ribbon, sentiment, flower
Verve - layers
Dutch Dare - animal antics



10 comments:

  1. Such a unique card for our challenge, Marsha! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this card. The background paper is fabulous. Love the layout you have used for it as well.

    Thanks for joining us at Dutch Dare Card Challenge this week. Hope to see you again next week. DT Crafting Vicky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous take on the mojo sketch. Great coloring too. This is a beautiful creation, Marsha.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Darling kitty image and a fabulous use of the Mojo sketch. Thanks for playing along with this month's Diva Dare.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the card, but then I do like cats. Beautiful take on our challenge this week at Crafty Creations.
    --Heather G

    ReplyDelete
  6. this is darlin.. so glad you played along with the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet image. Thanks for joining us at Totally Papercrafts.
    Hugs Sue W.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I saw your card while I was looking for my entry in a challenge - I love it! Beautiful job! Now I think I need that Doodle Pantry set - it's fabulous!

    KT Fit Kitty
    http://ktdesigns2013.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. isn't this irresistible!!? and what a clever sentiment stamp for this particular situation!!
    thanks so much for sharing on love to scrap! challenge blog
    shuly DT

    ReplyDelete