Saturday, February 24, 2018

Home Decor

Some homes look like they should be featured in a magazine.  Mine is not one of them.  An interior decorator I am not.  I'm not into lots of knick-knacks and doodads, covers on toasters and mixers, and all the extras like that.  I do try to keep to a color scheme and we think our home is comfy and livable.  I guess that is what counts.
There are a few fun crafty things I have done lately to add to the decor that I am enjoying.  Here is one of them:
I usually peel the label off my jar candles.  The other day I started wondering if I could make a band to jazz up the jar.  The band itself is a strip of designer paper that has a lacey design on it.  The flowers are Elizabeth Craft Design Roses.  I started with Stamp Up So Saffron cardstock then sponged some inks on the edges of each petal before assembling them.
Here is the rose I put on the top, wishing I had made all of the roses this color because it matches the candle wax perfectly.
This one was made with Coral cardstock with sponging on each petal.

ScorTape was used to adhere the band and Zots hold the flowers firmly to the band and the jar lid.

Challenges:
Die Cuttin Divas - anything but a card
ScrapyLand - anything
Crop Stop - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Cut It Up - anything goes

4 comments:

  1. Now that is one gorgeous way to jazz up your jar candles!! Love the pretty floral band you created! Thanks so much for linking up to the Cropstop blog this month!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful way to showcase that candle! It really takes it up a notch. I love the gorgeous flowers on there. The colors are amazing.

    Thanks for joining us for our Anything Goes challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely project. Thanks for playing along at Scrapy Land Challenge 84... good luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a fabulous project!! Love that beautiful flowers!! Great idea TFS!!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete