Thursday, June 7, 2012

Majestic Eagle

We live in an area of the country where there are quite a few bald eagles.  I love to see them soaring over our fields or sitting in a tree near our property.  They are so majestic, so fierce, so powerful, and HUGE when you see them up close.  I don't like what is happening to our country.  My prayer is that the USA will continue to live up to the characteristics of this symbol.
This is a pre-colored digital image by Doodle Pantry
 Here is the Card Patterns sketch I used:

I made the background by stamping with one of the star stamps from the GKD set called "Stars".  Embossed them with white EP and then ran the cardstock through the Cuttlebug with the Swiss Dot embossing folder.
The gold stars are wood stars that I painted with gold paint and then added gems.
Striped paper is GKD digital paper.
I think this will be a great card to send to one of our heroes via OWH expressing my gratitude for his/ her service. 

Challenges:
Stampin Sisters in Christ - stars
Crafty Cardmakers - distress
Party Time Tuesday - gems
Card Patterns - sketch 
Simon Says - gems

One last thing - don't forget to check out the new release at Doodle Pantry and play the challenge too.

15 comments:

  1. A lovely patriotic card, I really like the frame you've created. This'll be perfect for a 4th of July card.

    Thanks for joining in with my Distress It! challenge at Crafty Cardmakers.

    Feebsy
    xx

    p.s. You're so lucky to live near bald eagles I'm sure they are magnificent to watch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The stars yous added to this are fabulous as is the great layout - very patriotic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The stars and blue make this a "heavenly" creation for sure. An adorable card. Thanks so much for participating in this week's challenge at Stampin' Sisters in Christ. We appreciate having your inspiration on our blog! Diane Noble (SSIC-DT)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card! I love the papers you used and that eagle is beautiful! Thank for you joining our challenge at Stampin Sisters in Christ! ~H

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a fabulous card. Nothing like seeing the bald eagles fly. That is one thing I like about winter. I look forward to when they come to our town. Thanks for sharing with the Stampin' Sisters in Christ Challenge. Hope you are having a blessed week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is one of the first images I ever bought from Doodle Pantry - I just love it! It looks great on this sketch, too. I love what you've done with it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is gorgeous! Wonderful doodle pantry image, colours and design!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha this is such a fabulous patriotic card and I love your wonderful take on the sketch. Thanks so much for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays this week with this wonderful creation.
    Danie xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh Marsha, to see those stunning creatures on a regular basis, how wonderful!! Speaking of wonderful, your card is fabulous!!!! I love it.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fabulous card Marsha, such a beautiful image, I just love your patriotic card.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image, I've only seen a couple of bald eagles, they are huge! Great sketch and background paper Marsha!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Breathtaking! I love eagles!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is such a gorgeous image and card. Beautifully crafted.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card..love the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, how beautiful!!!! Gorgeous patterns you've put together!

    ReplyDelete