Thursday, June 21, 2012

MFT Sketch and Pieces

When I get into the mood to stamp and make a card (okay, I confess that is almost every day) I often stamp several images or print off several digital images.  Then I end up with a pile of unused pieces. I have some sitting on my work space for months, not knowing what I am going to use them for.   So I am trying to use those up.  I am finding it is challenging because I don't really have anything in mind when I start but as I go through some of the sketch challenges, I usually find something that will work. 
That is how this card came about.  I will send it to one of our heroes via Operation Write Home.
The sketch:
I did a technique I had never tried before and that is using a brayer over an embossed layer.
The  brass button is an old button out of my button box.
Image is ODBD "Not Forgotten"
It is crazy how colors "change" in a photo.  The cardstock is the same color as the image but you would never know it from this photo.

Challenges:
 Really Reasonable Ribbon - red, white, blue
Craft 4 Eternity - masculine
DYSU - movie or TV program  I love the movie Great Escape and yes, I watch Netflix while I am making cards.  Really liked the English series Foyle's War
Ribbon Carousel - use metal 
Clear It Out - anything plus two ribbons  I hope twine counts !

11 comments:

  1. Fabulous card - great image (and great movie)
    Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card Marsha thanks for joining us at Crafts 4 Eternity this week hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful card!! That image is great and I love that embossing technique!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great card!! Some hero is going to be very happy to receive it!!

    Also, I wanted to thank you once again for the wonderful blog candy I won. Yes, I had planned on sending you a card, but I can't stay out of the hosp. long enough to make you one. (So, I hope this will suffice, at least for now.) I hope to take my winnings with me on my next admission, a few days from now. Happy crafting!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Marsha!! Excellent details! Thanks so much for joining us at DYSU!!

    Crafty Hugs!
    Meredith

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! What a fabulous take on the sketch, love the colours and the papers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for joining us at Clear It Out Tuesday..your work here is wonderful...tfs

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOVE this! Great take on the sketch:) THANKS for joining in the fun and playing along with us over at the RC:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. teehee, I had the same issue then I bought a little 3 drawer container from the dollar store. One drawer is all coloured up, ready to go. Another is printed, waiting to be coloured. The third is sentiments. That way if I need a quick card I can grab what I need :)
    Thanks for joining us at the Clear it Out Challenge blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I think twine works just fine! Love that image! Beautiful card. Thanks for showing us your ribbon/twine and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete