Wednesday, June 20, 2012

Strawberries - YUMMMMM

Yesterday evening I  had my first bowl of strawberries from my strawberry patch.  I love strawberry season.  Now if I can just stay ahead of the grandchildren.  They have the habit of raiding the patch.  But hopefully there will be an abundance and there will be enough for everyone's hearts desires.


There are several challenges with the theme of Summer and  Summer fun.  That means strawberries.  I used the sketch at Sweet Stop .  The challenge was to use the sketch with a spin - texture.  The background paper by Doodle Pantry reminds me not only of strawberry blossoms but of the crisscross containers that berries sometimes come in.  Even though you can't see it in the picture, I scored each of the lines so that they are raised. Then I added some mesh which reminds me of the cartons.

The main image is a digital by Designed2Delight.  Three blossom clusters down the side are by Daisy Doodles and the sentiment is a stamp by GKD.


Challenges:
Love to Create - summertime fun
Stamp and Create - bright and bold
Clear it Out - anything goes
Our Daily Bread - summertime
Clearly i Stamp - fruity
Hotshot Crafts - use die cuts
Stampin Sisters in Christ - what reflects me   fruit of the Spirit
Raise the Bar - summer

13 comments:

  1. This is a great card! I love strawberries too! My patch needs some work, but we have harvested many berries to enjoy :) I love the mesh on your card, it's perfect. And I love your connection to our challenge this week at SSiC, Fruit of the Spirit. Well Done! :)
    Blessings,
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a perfect summer card and take on the sketch!! Love all the red and the strawberries. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!
    blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I do love strawberries and have made about four or so strawberry rhubarb pie so far this spring. Yummy. Fabulous card and I love your take on that sketch, beautiful!
    hugs
    glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy!!! Very cute card, love your coloring. Just hearing you speak of having your own strawberry patch got me all wishing I had my own. Love Strawberries!! Especially when they are all yummy and sweet!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Marsha! Great card...so very "sweet"! Love the strawberry theme! And your coloring is great too! Glad you could join us at SSiC this week!
    Blessings!
    Sandie

    ReplyDelete
  6. those strawberries look good enough to each!! a "berry" sweet card! thanks for joining the shining the light challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Marsha! This is absolutely perfect for the fruity CIC! Thanks for playing along :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. You're card reminds me I have strawberries in the fridge!! Yummy nothing says the first of summer like strawberries!! Thank you for sharing with us at Love to Create Challenge!!
    Z

    ReplyDelete
  9. Fruit of the Spirit, how wonderful! I always love strawberry season myself. This is so cute! Thanks for coming alongside us this week at Stampin' Sisters in Christ!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awesome card and thanks for joining us at clear it out Tuesday challenge hope to see you again...and love the LO tfs

    ReplyDelete
  11. Super Sweet Card!! Thank you so much for playing with us this week at Love to Create Challenge!! Come Back & Play with us again really soon!!

    Many Blessings,
    Tina

    ReplyDelete
  12. Delicious card,love the colors.Thanks for joining us at love to create this week!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those strawberries look so yummy! Thanks for showing us your ribbon and playing along with Clear It Out!
    Rachel B

    ReplyDelete