Saturday, November 2, 2013

Another Cup of Coffee, Please

I had so much fun printing out coffee mugs from the new released Doodle Pantry set, I made two more cards.  The sketch for both cards is House that Stamps Built 
I finally learned to print the digital image on regular paper first to see if that is the size I need for the card.  (Don't know why I didn't do that before.)  After printing them onto a white cardstock, I cover those images with designer paper.  You can use a removeable tape runner or permanent if you tape it above the image.  Print the image on the designer paper.  One extra step I did for these was to print the image on white cardstock, color the coffee on the white cardstock, use a craft knife to cut out the opening on the designer paper, then glue the cup over a piece of  the white cardstock that had the coffee.  This way the coffee looks like it is inside.  More of a 3-d effect.


Miscellaneous designer paper was used for strip and mug.  The BG designer paper comes with the Doodle Pantary digital set.

I love the sentiment on the card above.  I used a variety of designer papers and the numbered tape is washi tape.

In my post yesterday, I forgot to mention a sale at Doodle Pantry November 1 - 7.  25% OFF all new release sets. You can find the details here.
Also, don't forget to play the challenge at the Doodle Pantry Digital Doodles Blog.  You could win $15.00 worth of digital images and you will receive a free featured set (pic below) just for entering if you use a Doodle Pantry image.

Thanks for looking and thank you for taking the time to comment.
Now I think I will go have another cup of coffee.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - anything
Simon Wednesday - anything
What if Wednesday - paper piecing
House that Stamps Built - sketch
Sister Act - anything
Party Time Tuesday -  anything
Our Daily Bread - no ribbons or lace
Word Art Wednesday - anything






16 comments:

  1. Marsha, these are so flippin' cute. No wonder you keep making more of them, they are so adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are so fun! I love the second card's sentiment!
    Hugs,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW, I'm loving these! Love the bright colors of the first one and sentiment on second! Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that first card, the vibrant design on the coffee mug really makes it sing! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. SO cute, Marsha! Thanks so much for sharing this with us. Have a wonderful week, and happy crafting!
    Blessings to you,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    P.S. I have BLOG CANDY!
    www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. What beautiful cards you created with the sketch...so similar yet so different. Love the first with all the colors!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh wow Marsha! I adore these cards! Can't wait to play with this set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh the coffee stain is another clever idea!! Look at you go girl...you rocked this coffee set!

    ReplyDelete
  9. More cute coffee cards!! These are great!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super fun, love the mugs. Thanks for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two more fun and fabulous coffee cards!! Love 'em.

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Two more great cards using this fantastic set! I really like both of them. The bright cheery card *might* make a Monday endurable. LOL I also really like the sentiment on the 2nd card. I'm so glad you shared these with us too at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Lovin' your coffee mug cards...The paper piecing and awesome and the color combo worked great. Thanks for sharing your creation with us this week at Word Art Wednesday. God bless, always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. How awesome! I love your paper pieced cups. That's one of my favorite techniques. Makes the cups really jump off the paper!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Great paper piecing and I agree with the sentiment on the second card, lol!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Another set of fabulous coffee cards! LOVE your paper piecing.

    ReplyDelete