Friday, November 1, 2013

November Doodle Pantry Release

Okay, I confess - I am a coffee snob.  I won't drink coffee made from grounds in a can.  We grind beans as we go and we pay extra for the beans we like.  My son is worse than I am.  He roasts his own coffee beans.
Having said all that, I was excited with a new set from Doodle Pantry.  Great big mugs and really cute sayings  about coffee.
For this card I used the lined version but printed on one of the patterned papers that comes with the set.  I actually used  pieces of three of the patterned papers in this set.  To make the coffee rings on the paper and newspaper, I just rubbed ink on the bottom of a spray bottle I have on my desk and applied it to the paper.The sketch I used is the the #40 sketch at From the Heart


For this next card, I used one of the precolored cup images and then  super imposed a sailing ship from the Doodle Pantry set " Old Ship".  I will probably be sending this to my son sometime.  I think he will agree with the sentiment!
Recently I obtained a die by Memory Box which is three sizes of buttons.  I used it for the first time on this card cutting out brown c/s and one from an old dictionary page.  I like them because they are flat - great for mailing.

The sketch is Sketch Saturday.  It was a perfect sketch to change the card a bit, having the front smaller than the back.
I hoped you liked these cards.  I know you will LOVE the new release at Doodle Pantry so check them out here.
Oh, before I go, here is a pic of some of the images and sentiments in this set. There are more options than show up on this pic page.   Look at those biscottis  and beautiful papers- love them.

Thanks for looking and thank you for taking time to comment.

Challenges:
From the Heart - sketch
Sketch Saturday - sketch
Simon Monday - anything
PartyTime Tuesday - anything
Simon Wednesday - anything
House that Stamps Built - paper piecing
Pile it On - 2 embellishments
Word Art Wednesday - anything





11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card and great take on the sketch challenge! Thanks for joining us at FTHS this week. Hugs, Karen

    ReplyDelete
  2. terrific, thanks for joining us at FTHS

    ReplyDelete
  3. Once again, another fabulous job. The second one is the perfect guy card. Thank you for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's great to see the different ways in which you've used that coffee mug! Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your design, Marsha! That book page in the background and how clever of you the way you made your coffee ring! Thanks for sharing this with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love how you put the ship on the coffee mug! Brilliant!!!
    Beautiful paper piecing too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are both fantastic for coffee lovers! [and snobs :)]
    I like the stains on the first one!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, your cards are fabulous!!! Love 'em both. And I love your coffee story!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a great duo of cards! I really like the way you made your coffee ring on the first card. My daughter would definitely agree with the sentiment on the 2nd. :) You showcased this set to perfection. Thanks for sharing with us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Both cards are great. Your coffee rings are so creative Marsha and LOVE the newspaper!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great background on your first card and what a fab idea to make the coffee rings! I really like how you put an image on your cup! Great idea and I agree wholeheartedly with the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete