Friday, November 8, 2013

Joy To The World

Second post for today.
I am one of those who waits til after Thanksgiving Day before I get into Christmas decorating. In fact, I won't do anything until December 1.  I am going to be busy and away from my craft room quite a bit these next two weeks so I won't even be able to think Christmas until then.  But I did make a Christmas card today.
I don't think you can tell from the pic, but I cut out a frame from the patterned paper with the help of the Cuttlebug and a rectangle die and placed it over the tree panel rather than putting the image panel on top the patterned paper.  The tree stamp is Our Daily Bread Design.  The poinsettia in the left corner is a digital image by Doodle Pantry. 
I love the card base color.  It is GKD Lipstick Red.
I used a few gems and some Stickles. 

Thanks for looking and for taking the time to comment.

Challenges:
Our Daily Bread Design - inspired by a song
Timeless Tuesday - negative die cut
Simon Wednesday - CAS
Sister Act - anything
Great Impression  - Holiday card
Divas that Cut - celebrate
Word Art Wednesday - anything

10 comments:

  1. I love this tree!! It is so awesome for making Christmas cards about the true meaning of Christmas. Beautiful holiday card!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD, Marsha!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous card! I love the patterned paper, the poinsettia and the tree! The shiny star is the perfect finishing touch! :) Thank you so much for joining us at the Simon Says Wednesday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card. I love the rich the green is in your sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Great Impressions.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card!! I love that song sentiment stamp!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty Marsha! Your negative die cut frames your focal image beautifully and the colours are so deep and rich. Love the little poinsettia embellishment. Thanks for playing along with our Timeless Tuesday challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, Marsha, you are a busy gal! Love this second card, and I love this image and the song! Beautiful and elegant card! (I still find it hard to believe you have 11 grandchildren…you look so young!) So glad you've joined us again this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous Marsha. Thanks for joining us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful way to highlight a Christmas song. Great papers too! Thanks for blessing us with a great project at Word Art Wednesday this week. Big hugs always!

    JO ANN
    http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful card.

    Glad you could join us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I like your framing idea. It worked out really well.

    Mary Anne Great Impressions DT

    ReplyDelete