Friday, November 8, 2013

So Blessed Indeed

Sometimes I feel overwhelmed when I realize how blessed I am.  Wednesday evening I spoke to about 100 grade school children, talking to them about Veterans Day and the freedoms we have.  While preparing for that talk (and also as Thanksgiving Day approaches), I was reminded how blessed I am: family, friends, freedoms, home, etc.  And then when I top my list with what God gives me through my relationship with Jesus, I am overwhelmed.

This stamp set by Unity is cute and to the point.
The image and the sentiment are Itty Bittys called "So Blessed".  When inking up the stamp for the image, I inked it with brown but then wiped away the ink from the leaves, applied several shades of orange with a Tombow marker, "huffed', then stamped.  (Oh, I also wiped the brown ink off the bushes and applied green to the stamp.) When I colored the house, I just tapped the paper with my blending stub that I had dipped in OMS and then rubbed onto a Kohinoor pencil.  I wanted just a stucco or brick look.
For the border piece - it is a piece of digital paper by GKD which I stamped with a leaf from the "Where You Should Be" set.  I inked only some of the leaves on the branch before stamping.

Okay, that was a long description that you probably didn't even care about, but you got it anyway !
LOL
The sketch is at Unity


Thanks for looking and taking the time to comment.

Challenges:
Unity - sketch
Friends with Flair - anything
Sentimental Sundays - autumn
Our Daily Bread - Count Your Blessings
Crafty Creations - autumn colors

Sister Act - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything

18 comments:

  1. Beautiful! I love the side panel and your focal image looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card!! I feel blessed too

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is a beautiful creation, following the color challenge to a T ! Love the banner for the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this stamp. You did a good job with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. great fall card, pretty job with the coloring

    ReplyDelete
  6. Another one of my favorite itty bittys. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this card! The papers, the stamping but especially the message. Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Creations! Good luck!
    Tracey F., DT Crafty Creations Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so pretty!! I love what you did on the house!!
    We have so much to be thankful for that I think we really are over blessed!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another STUNNING card, Marsha! Thanks so much for sharing it with us. You're such a blessing to me!
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful fall themed card Marsha!! Love your house!! We all have so much to be thankful for!! Thanks for joining us at ODBD!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your little house scene, super sweet sentiment too!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh, Marsha, I SO agree with you about the blessings we've been given by God! And "Count Your Blessings" used to be one of my favorite songs as a teen-ager! What a delight and a beautiful card…such a precious memory for me too! So glad you've joined us this week for the ODBD Shining the Light challenge! You've certainly shined His light to me with this song! Hugs, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  13. beautiful card with a beautiful sentiment!
    -Rachel w k
    rwkrafts.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Absolutely adorable card! Thanks for sharing how you did such a great job with the different colors.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a pretty card! I really like the scene you creative with the house. Thanks for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete