Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Made It Myself

One thing I tried lately and had fun doing is making note pads/ scratch pads.  I made a couple and my granddaughters thought they were so fun, I helped them make some too for school.
 I have a ton of old paper for printing that I cut up into fourths.  The padding compound (mine is from the Kraft Outlet) is easy to use - just brush on a few layers.  While it dried, I made the cover.  The musical page is a digital image that I reduced to the correct size.  "Just a note" is super imposed onto the page before printing. It measures 4 1/4" X 5 1/4
 

The black cardstock is cut 4 1/4 X 7 1/2 which gives a flap that can be glued onto the chipboard back.
Here is a side view and an inside view.

I showed this (and the other one I made) to my hubby and he immediately claimed this one as his own!
It really is a great size to keep on the desk next to the computer.
Great way to use up all the printing paper that I will never use in the printer.

Challenges:
Stamplorations - music theme
CASual Fridays - music
Sweet Stamps - anything
V's Sweet Ideas - new technique
Tuesday Throwdown - anything
Sweet Stampin - musical
Inspiration Destination - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything

6 comments:

  1. Lovely and useful results. I hope to see you at our 200th challenge. Thank you so much for taking time to post your very creative art with us this week at Word Art Wednesday, in our 199th challenge.
    Blessings and Hugs, Carole

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful job! So glad the granddaughters got involved, too! Thanks for joining us at Tuesday Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The music theme works perfectly for this sentiment and the idea behind it! Super lovely, vintagey design! Thank you so much for playing along with us at STAMPlorations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fabulous! thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin' hugs Sue J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very handy idea, with a good little tutorial. I liked the paper you used for the cover, it was perfect. Robin Hawkins www.heresmyhart.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a fabulous project! Love your beautiful music theme! Thank you for sharing at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete