Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Another Piece of Cake, Please

There is some celebrating going on with this digi by DearieDolls.  And I love the combo of balloons and cake - two favorites at any birthday party, especially for my grandson.  


I paper pieced everything!  I started out thinking I would just paper piece the child because I don't color dark skin well, but then decided to piece the balloons because there again, the solid color looks better than my pencil coloring. So why not onto the cake too?  The only things I colored was the shirt, his hair and tongue. Oh, and the confetti that is part of the digital image.  Did you notice the little bit of twine that I used on top of his hat?  Fun.
I used a dark Kraft paper for his skin and cake, various cardstock for the rest of the items. The confetti background paper is from my Celebration Stack by DCWV.   Sometimes I use real ric rac but this blue one is a die cut.  Sometimes that is really nice because I can just glue it on the top instead of trying to tuck the fabric behind the panel.  I put glaze on the plate so it looks like glass.

If it isn't your birthday, celebrate this day anyway.  It is a gift. (Psalms 118:24  "This is the day the Lord has made.  I will rejoice and be glad in it.")

Challenges:
Stamp and Create - colors
Kraft Journal - red, white, blue
Great Impressions - celebrations
Paper Creators - for boys
Ribbon Carousel - celebrations



3 comments:

  1. This is absolutely adorable! Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Stamp and Create! Good luck and I hope to see you back next month for a new challenge!
    Rene :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great paper piecing!! I'm sure your GS loved his card!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing with us at the Great Impressions May Celebration Challenge!

    Love those Dearie Doll images-so fun!

    ♥ Sue Kment

    ReplyDelete