Saturday, August 17, 2013

Blog Candy Winner and A Card

Thank you for all the Birthday wishes.  I had to laugh at some of you with your Happy 29th.  And I would be reluctant to guess someones age based on a photo too.  But just to let you in on the answer - I am now 64.
And the winner, drawn randomly is Julie Odil.
 Now how about a card?  Every once in a while I truly love the card I have created.  That happened this time.  It is for my granddaughter who is horse crazy.  Doodle Pantry has so many western images and papers. I used three sets for this card.

The sheriff star and horse shoe paper is from the set "Barbed Wire" and the strip of black, brown, and pink horses is from the set "Saddle Up Color".  For the circle of barbed wire from the set "Barbed Wire Accents", I sponged Tim Holz Distress Ink on the circle after cutting it out with a Spellbinders circle die.
Laurie has images of horses in some of her sets but I have already used those for previous birthday cards so I used two images from an Inkadinkado set, fussy cutting the line of horses and attaching to a burlap ribbon.

Sketch is Mojo Monday sketch:

 Have a wonderful weekend.

Challenges:
Simon Monday Challenge - die cuts
Simon Wednesday Challenge - monochromatic
Pile It On - outdoors
Timeless Tuesday - autumn colors.

10 comments:

  1. Your granddaughter is going to LOVE this card! It's gorgeous! I really like the horses on the burlap ribbon. Thanks so much for joining us this week for Flourishes' Timeless Tuesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my!! That's a great card! Yah--congrats to my good friend, Julie! Yah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Woohoo! Laura let me know I won! How lucky is that? Did you enjoy your day? Please email me at julieodil at charter dot net and I'll give you my addy. Woohoo!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card, I'm sure your granddaughter will love it! I love the burlap section, it adds great texture. Thanks for joining us for this week's Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the accents and textures, great western card! Yeehaw fun, your granddaughter will definitely love and appreciate this!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love horses too and it's hard to fins any stamps with good horse images. This card is wonderful and will make someone very happy methinks! So do come on....what's your secret for staying so youthful? My facelift is 2 bulldog clips behind the ears....looks a bit funny and is a tad uncomfortable.....:OD

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fabulous card Marsha! I love all the western themed paper ~ too cool! Great use of autumn colours - so many cool brown hues. Thank you for joining our Timeless Tuesday Challenge this week at Flourishes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgeous card!
    Thanks for playing at Pile It On!
    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  9. A fabulous card Marsha, perfect for a horse lover!!! A great design and colour scheme. Your details are fabulous and your horse image is beautiful!!

    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. A horse lovers dream card, fabulous design!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete