Friday, June 6, 2014

I Miss You, Dad

Many weeks ago I finished making Father's Day cards to send to OWH because they need the cards so early for mailing, but I continue to make masculine cards and cards for dads because those are needed all year.  As I planned out a few cards using Diane's Daydream Designs, one sentiment caught my eye - "I miss you, Dad"  Perfect sentiment for OWH cards, but it also stood out because I miss my dad.  He has been in Heaven for four years and I still miss him.
The images (pre-colored) and paper are by Diane's Daydream Designs.  I cut buttons out with a die.  I really like using this for OWH cards because they are so flat; I don't have to worry about the thickness of real buttons.

The sketch I used is the Mojo Monday sketch for this week:

Challenges:
Crafting from the Heart - anything
Papertakes - anything
Sweet Stamps - ribbon (twine) and buttons
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Simon Wednesday - masculine
Crafter's Cafe - masculine
Sister Act - anything
Suzy Bees - layers

8 comments:

  1. Noce. It is so delightful to see such creative art. Thank you for sharing your talents with us today.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card! I love the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design and just a wonderful creative design! I miss my Dad too!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing your super creation for Suzy Bee's Bloomin' challenge 31: layer it up - hope to see you again soon, Hazel, DT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creation, Marsha! It's so hard missing our Dad's so much at this time of year. I still can't believe it's been 4 years since my daddy left this life for heaven's home. Your card is a very sweet tribute! Thanks for showcasing it at Word Art Wednesday too. I appreciate you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love your creation thanks for joining us sister act this week and good luck
    hugs Tonnie

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun design, Marsha - love the silhouette along with the plaid and the buttons! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete