Friday, November 14, 2014

Who Is Ready For Christmas?

Well, not me but I am playing around with some of the winter/Christmas digital images and digital papers at Diane's Daydream Designs trying to get a jump on it.
I bought this clear ornament last time I was in a craft store, not knowing what I was going to do with it.  I have been playing around with canning jars, filling them with various items and wicks for lanterns so I gave it a go with the ornament,  stuffing some greenery in first and then adding the deer and blue flower (in the background).  The deer already looks like it has glitter on it when it is printed but I added Stickles all over to really make it sparkle.  If I make another one, I think I will go easy on myself and glue the deer to the outside instead of trying to fit him through the top.  Getting him flat again and just the right placement was a little difficult.
BTW, the paper in the background is also Diane's Daydream Design digital paper.   Love it.
Here is a pic of the set:
And one of the paper pack:



I used to paint tree ornaments.  After a serious cut to my index and third finger, I lost the feeling in my index finger.  That is when I stopped painting.  I keep telling myself to get back to it but I have so much fun with paper, I hate to give that time up for painting! Who knows, maybe someday.  But this is the new ornament that will go on my tree this year.


Challenges:
Pile It On - special occasions
Simon Monday - ornaments
Paper Takes - 2 or 4 legs
Party Time Tuesday - anything goes
Word Art Wednesday -anything
Paper Creators - anything goes
Stamp and Create - ribbon or bows
Sister Act -anything

10 comments:

  1. Visiting from seeing your pretty deer ornament on Pile It On. I'm going to make some like this. I bought the snap type plastic ornaments from Michaels.
    Melissa
    "Sunshine HoneyBee"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is an absolutely wonderful post. Thank you for sharing your lovely paper crafting with us at Word Art Wednesday.
    Blessings,
    Carole Robb Bisson

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi, Marsha! What a stunning idea. You're such a creative one. I'm so blessed to have you share with us each week.
    Hugs,
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    I don't know I you've shared here yet, but we'd love having you play along. There are some really great prizes to be won at both.
    V's Sweet Ideas - www.vssweetideas.blogspot.com - Anything Goes
    Really Reasonable Ribbon - http://reasonableribbon.blogspot.com/search/label/challenges - Holiday/Ribbon

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful ornament Marsha! Love the shimmery reindeer! Thanks for joining along with the Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!
    http://cupcakescreations.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely project.
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ornament is so PRETTY!!
    Thank You for joining us last week at PIO!!!
    Hope you will join us again!
    Have a GREAT day!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow-wee! What an awesome ornament! Love those designs from Diane's Daydream Designs! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is fabulous, such a wonderful ornament.
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator for our Anything Goes Challenge.
    Pauline
    x

    ReplyDelete