Monday, May 18, 2015

Something Vintage

The new challenge at the Kraft Journal this week is "Anything Vintage".  For my card I used a Doodle Pantry image of an antique bicycle as the focal point, printing it on Buff Ivory paper.

I started with Brown Kraft cardbase, layering it with a Dictionary Page.  For the fishtail, I embossed a piece of Brown Kraft with a Cuttlebug folder and then rubbed on a little distress ink.  Next to that I put a piece of Black Twill Tape.  To go along with the Vintage look, I used a Label Holder putting the sentiment inside.  Final touches were the metal brads and the Earthy Hemp cord wrapped around the top of the fishtail.
We would love to see your creations at the Kraft Journal Challenge blog.  The challenge ends Sunday p.m. 5/24.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Stamping Boutique - die cut
Time Out - grunge
Scrapping4fun - technique (emboss)
Party Time Tuesday - anything
Doodle Pantry - anything 

9 comments:

  1. Hi Marsha:
    Lovely Vintage card, I love the vintage challenges .. but I love all the challenges I play in ..
    God Bless
    hugs
    Dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic!! Love the Penny Farthing image, I was always fascinated with these when I was younger. It works perfectly for your vintage/grunge theme. Love all your layering too, such fabulous papers. So glad you joined us at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning vintage card, love the techniques
    Thank you for your entry at Scrapping4funChallenges.
    Rachelle DT
    http://scrapping4funchallenges.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute vintage card! Loving the cute little details. Thanks for joining us at Scrapping4fun
    Tina dt

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there! Good to see your card this month. I love the antique look of this. Great "guy" card. Thanks for stopping by to join in on this month's AIMPDC at Doodle Pantry. Love seeing your cards.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great vintage card, love all the texture! Thanks for joining us for AIMPDC #5 hope to see you again! Dawn DT

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the vintage feel of this card. Fabulous. Thanks so much for playing with us at Time Out!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful vintage card, Marsha! So happy you joined us for the DP challenge!

    ReplyDelete