Friday, June 5, 2015

Curious Puppy

Another cute Bugaboo image for the Die Cut Diva's Challenge - June Bugs.
I know that technically a snail is not a bug, but it does as much damage in my gardens as a bug!  And besides, I could not pass up the opportunity to use my new digital image of this Cute Puppy.

 For this card I cut out a fence with a MFT die, put some grass behind the fence with a die cut using a MFT Icicle die, and then put the puppy and grass in front of the fence.  The puppy is still attached to the "grass" that I colored with Copics so just part of him is fussy cut, down to the grass line which I cut with decorative scissors.  (Hope that makes sense.) I colored so much grass, I added some darker clumps with a darker green Copic (like weeds in my yard!) For the blue "frame" around the "hello", I cut out a rectangle from the turquoise paper with a Die-namics Rectangle Stax then glued in onto the lighter blue base.  The "hello" and the clouds are more MFT and Memory Box die cuts.   Two little white flower brads hold the front of the card in place when it is open.
Here is a side pic:
I'm not trying to brag, but I think this card came out so cute.  It will be fun to send off to one of my grandchildren.
The Die Cut Divas want to see your June Bugs.  The challenge is open until June 30.

Challenges I will enter:

Crafty Creations - all creatures great and small
Scrapyland - anything
Craftin Desert Divas - summer creations
Paper Creators - anything
Pile It On - focus on coloring
Daily Marker - 30 days coloring
Paper Takes - anything




5 comments:

  1. What an adorable card and image! I'm am sure who ever receives it will love it! Thanks for playing along with us at Scrapy Land Challenge #19!

    Lori
    Lori's Kreations

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just precious! Great job!! Thank you for joining our Summer Challenge at Craftin' Desert Divas!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wondered if you had cut the puppy out. I LOVE how you did this. I don't have any more decorative scissors because I just never used them anymore, now I'm thinking just one set would do. LOL.

    LOVE this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute image. Thanks for joining us at Crafty Creations Challenge. Hugs Anna-Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a little cutie :)
    Thank you for joining us at Paper Creator's Crafts and god luck. Hugs Debbie

    ReplyDelete