Thursday, January 12, 2017

Every Card Has A Story

As I said in a previous post,  I love the fact that we can make cards for specific reasons and /or occasions unique to the recipient.  Here is another card that is not beautiful and not even particularly cute  - but here is the story:
Two of our grandchildren that live over an hour away came to spend the night this past weekend.  We thought we had gathered up and packed everything before sending them home.  But after they left, I found their toothbrushes and toothpaste.  When I texted to say what I found, our 7 year old granddaughter told her mom, "Maybe Grandma could mail them to us with one of her wonderful cards."  Now how can I let that go by?

Because I am under time pressures with another project, I made this pretty simple, using all digital images.  I didn't even take time to color them; used pre-colored images.  Both images and background paper are Doodle Pantry (closed now 😢).  The sketch is MFT.
The tube of toothpaste is cut out with a Die-namic Stitched rectangle and backed with green cardstock cut out with the next size up.
I'm not sure my granddaughter with consider this one of the "wonderful" cards, but I think they will get a kick out of it and know I made it with them in mind.   That's what counts.

Challenges:

Die Cut Divas - no sentiment
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Sugar Pea - #27 anything
MFT - sketch
Dies R Us - anything
Stamploration - CAS




9 comments:

  1. Too cute Marsha! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes with Dies’ challenge at Dies R Us! Please come back again soon!

    Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
    DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please come for a visit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. First time visitor and this is an adorable card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah. Hope you will visit again.

      Delete
  3. This card is just 'perfect' to sent to the grandies after their visit to your house Marsha and I bet they got a laugh out of it. Thanks for sharing this cute card with us for our January CAS challenge over at STAMPlorations.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marsha, I love the story! It's a totally fun and special card.

    So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, Marsha.Love this cute card and your take on the sketch. I think I might remember you from Stamp TV??? Anyway you won the gift certificate from Dies R Us on my DD Anniversary Challenge Post. I need your e-mail address to send it to you. You won on one of the other blogs also. Sorry I can't remember which one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, how cute and perfect to accompany dental tools! :) Glad you joined us at Stamplorations!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great story! Adorable card for your adorable granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A perfect reason to send a card,and a perfect card for the reason. Thanks for joining the sentiment free challenge at Diecut Divas. Cathie DT

    ReplyDelete