Friday, April 7, 2017

Thank Goodness For CASEing

Sometimes when the mojo disappears, it is nice to be able to CASE someone else's idea, layout, etc.
I have so many Birthday cards to make in March and April but no ideas.  Thank goodness for other cardmakers who let us copy them.

I based this card on Julie Tilman's card which I am showing below:
Don't you love it?  I did.  So I took the idea of strips of designer paper and distressing them and then adding a sentiment in the middle.  The sentiment on my card is a stamp from a set of birthday sentiments.  After stamping I cut it out with a Die-namic Stitched Rectangle and sponged the edges.  The hearts are made with a Stamploration die; the flower with a Cuttlebug die.

Challenges:
Sugar Pea - Mix It Up Photo Inspiration
Sugar Pea - birthday
Simon Wednesday - Birthday
Joy Clair - anything
7 Kids College Fund - anything
MFT - color challenge
Cut It Up - CASE 
Stamploration Never Ending Challenge



10 comments:

  1. I actually prefer the tidy look of yours to the original. Shh, don't tell!
    I love the bright, beautiful colors you used. It has a real happy feel!

    Thanks for joining us for our CASE It! challenge at Cut it Up!

    Evelyn
    http://mylittlecraftblog.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty birthday card! Love all the colorful papers that you used! Thanks for sharing with us at Joy Clair April Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful card! Love the papers you used. I usually head to Pinterest to get inspiration when I get stuck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What would we do without CASE-ing? Love what you did. Those papers go great together. Thanks for sharing with us at 7 kids your crafting supply store.
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. A pretty take on your inspiration, Marsha! Love the hearts and flowers, too! Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a gorgeous Birthday card!! Love the pretty papers and the hearts!! Thanks for joining us at Cut it Up challenge!
    Have a great day.
    Gerda
    http://cardscreations.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful card - rich with texture and colour and sure to make someone very happy! Thanks so much for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree. We get our best inspiration from one another. I love your card. Thank you for joining our CASE challenge at Cut it Up Challenge Blog.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great patterned paper and I love the accents you added! Thanks for joining us at SugarPea Designs!

    ReplyDelete
  10. So fun Marsha. I love those inlaid hearts. So happy you joined us this month at SugarPea Designs.

    ReplyDelete