Saturday, December 8, 2018

A Card, Finally! Edit: Crafting for a Cause

With the emphasis on tags, it has been over a week since I posted a card.  The Christmas cards I am sending out this year are fairly time consuming.  I needed a diversion.  I had this digital image printed up for several weeks so I grabbed it and turned it into a card.
The poinsettias are digital stamps by Doodle Pantry.  I copied the same image three times, turning them slightly before printing.  The flowers and leaves were colored with Copics and Prisma pencils.  The sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketch was a perfect way to use this.   Merry Christmas is stamped  with a Verve stamp.   I bought the ribbon just a few days ago with the intention of using it for packages but it was the perfect ribbon for this layout and I love the silver sparkle and shine to it.
If you compare the sketch to my card, you will see the ribbon placement is in the wrong place.  Confession time - after I adhered the ribbon to the designer paper, I glued the paper to the card upside down.  ( Be honest now - I know I am not the only one who has done that. )  Using Scor-tape, Tombow tape runner and Tombow Multi glue, there was no way that piece was coming off!!! so I just went with it.

EDIT:  After writing out this post, I read about the Kat Scrappiness Blog hop and the benefit for the Coffee Oasis.  I am a Washingtonian and I lived in Kitsap County for 15 years so I was excited to read about the Coffee Oasis. So I am editing this post to let you know about the  bloghop and benefit for this coffee house and their work with teens.  Please check it out and consider a donation. 


Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketches
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Crop Stop - anything
Work It Wednesday - holiday
Three Amigos - Christmas/ winter
Stamploration theme - big words

Kat Scrappiness Kat Scrappiness- charity bloghop

35 comments:

  1. Love the traditional red and green on your beautiful card! Those poinsettias are so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful poinsettias! I love the card design too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lol! I've done way worse than glue my card front upside down! I call it "double matting" because I cut the card front off with the top of the base and glue on to another base😜 Thank you for sharing your lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your poinsettias! I like that you modified the sketch. It makes it your own!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aren't digis wonderful for making quick cards? I just love those traditional colors with red poinsettias and green leaves! It's a wonderful card and thanks for playing along with the Tuesday Morning Sketch challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is a wonderful take on the sketch and a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your card is beautiful and elegant (and I like the ribbon placement up higher lol). I am glad you joined this awesome hop, I love charity hops and finding new makers to follow so yep, I'm a new follower. Thanks for the inspiration, I love your card.
    #AwarenessMatters (mardy14@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very pretty festive card . The large sentiment is perfect for our December theme and sketch challenge over at Stamplorations. Thanks so much for joining in x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Such a pretty card. Love the poinsettias :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card - the poinsettias are perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!!
    (I still use DP images... I have many printed from when we were still going!!)
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the poinsettias and the background. Beautiful! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the poinsettias, they are so realistic. Delightful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The poinsettias are beautiful. Great card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Really beautiful card! I love digital images and I really miss Doodle Pantry. Great job. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Great card, the poinsettias are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful Christmas design with all those wonderful poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Very pretty card and I think your "mistake" turned out great.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Nice Christmas card, love the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Beautiful with a classic Christmas look!! Lovely coloring on the poinsettias!
    <3 J

    jwoolbright at gmail dot com
    HerPeacefulGarden.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Beautiful card! Love the poinsettias.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Beautiful card! I have certainly taped things together incorrectly, too!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Your card is so
    Pretty-Love those
    poinsettias!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Such a beautiful card in traditional Christmas colors! I love it! Thanks so much for linking this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  25. thanks for sharing your amazing inspiration, I just love your card!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Beautifully colored poinsettias! Thanks so much for playing along with Three Amigos!

    ReplyDelete
  27. WOnderful Holiday card! Beautiful coloring!
    Thank u so much for playing with us at STAMPlorations this month! Do join us again! :)

    Suchi-DT xx

    ReplyDelete