Wednesday, June 26, 2013

A Shining Example

I fell in love with Julee's (Vervegirl) card and just had to CASE it.  I need inspiration like hers to get me out of my box..  The Verve challenge is to use ink, paint, or some other form of color.  I use Prisma pencils a lot and some embossing but it took her card to jolt me into using some white Craft ink, DTP, and embossing.   Here is her card
And here is mine - a tad bit more simple but along the same lines:

The base is Dark Kraft.  Instead of using blue paint, I did Direct to Paper with Close to Cocoa ink .
The stamp and die cut are both Verve.
 As you can see, I really can't get my head around the mixed media idea but I do like how my card came out.

Challenges
Pile it On - shabby
Kraft Journal - ink, paint
PartyTime Tuesday - anything
CASual Friday - off the page
Verve - inks, paint, color
Sister Act - anything
Simon Says Stamp - anything
Word Art Wednesday - anything

12 comments:

  1. This is a gorgeous case, Marsha. I actually prefer your clean, crisp design... that's not to say I don't like Julee's card... I just love the uncluttered look of your card and your interpretation of the sketch/technique.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great job with the CASE! Beautiful colors! Thanks for playing along with us at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful case of Julee's card. Love how the black makes the sentiment pop. Thanks so much for joining us for this months Dare!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome grunge card. Love it! Thanks for joining us at SACC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. wow, this is awesome, a gorgeous CASE...so glad you took the Verve Diva Dare!

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card! I really like the star cut outs. You did a great job casing her card. Thanks so much for joining us at Word Art Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both great cards, I love the distressed look and the cocoa coloured distressing really pops everything out!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another stunning and creative card, Marsha. It's such a blessing to have you share with us. Please know how very grateful I am, and I hope that you're having a very blessed week in the Lord's goodness and love.
    Karen
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the shabbiness of this. Great colors too. Thank you for playing along with the Anything Goes Challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week.

    ReplyDelete
  10. love all your distressing, great looking cards. thanks for playing with us at Pile It On.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card! I love the movement you got by swiping the ink pad across the cardstock. That looks great with the stars. Thanks for joining us at the Kraft Journal blog.

    ReplyDelete