Sunday, June 2, 2013

Men and Their Toys

I don't know what it is about guys and old cars and trucks.  My hubby has way too many for projects.  But there is something about the old cars and trucks that are appealing.  One of the things that my DH and son likes is they can work on the old ones, not like the newer ones with the computer parts.
I sent my Father's Day cards to OWH a month ago but they always need cards to send to their dads for birthdays or whatever.  So I am making up a few Dad cards. 

This is the first time I have inked up this stamp by Mark's Finest Papers.  I chose to use SU's Artichoke ink on the leaves and Momento Rich Cocoa on the rest.  The "Dad" is GKD.
The sketch is OWH #62
Papers:  Light Kraft, SU Cocoa
Twine and Burlap - Really Reasonable Ribbon

Challenges:
Simon Stamp and Show - in the woods
Kraft Outlet - any sketch
Craft Your Passion - natural material
Created With Love - 3 or more layers
Clear It Out - earthtones
Simon Says - anything
Craft 4 Eternity - 3 elements, same letter = brads, burlap, browns
Really Reasonable Ribbon - masculine


7 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is FAB. Perfect masculine colors and textures! :) Thanks for playing along in our "Anything Goes" challenge over at the Simon Says Stamp challenge blog! xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! What a fantastic card! And I love the stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful card! Great stamp, so masculine! Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Masculine card...love how you did the twine!!
    Thank you for joining us for our Masculine Challenge at Really Reasonable Ribbon.
    Hugs
    Heather

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfect color and textures for a masculine card!! Love this!!
    (My dad has a few old cars in the back yard when I saw growing up... one from the '30's and a '57 Chevy with flames on the hood!!)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awesome card! Love the colors! Thanks for playing along with us at Really Reasonable Ribbon this month!

    ReplyDelete