Sunday, June 30, 2013

Sweet "Sweet Williams"

I love Sweet Williams. Both my husband and I remember them at our childhood homes. So I bought some plants this year and when I went to plant them, some had popped up from last year - plants that I thought did not make it. I was so surprised because I thought they died before they even bloomed last year.  So now I have a beautiful mix in my flower garden.  Here is a photo of the bouquet I picked yesterday.

For the card, I knew I wanted to use the Sweet William stamps by Our Daily Bread and I knew I wanted to do red, white, and blue.  But then what? I have used these stamps before but wanted to make a cluster of flowers like they grow, rather than just an individual flower.  So here is what I came up with:
I think I like the way it turned out.  I wish you could see the ribbon IRL.  It is really elegant.
If you look at Sweet Williams up close, you will see they have little white stamens in the center so I tried to get a little of that with white gel pen and liquid pearls.  After I cut out each flower, I snipped the petals toward the center and then curled some of them forward. I maybe should have added a few more flowers but I didn't want it to look too heavy.
I used the very simple sketch at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Hope you enjoy what you see.  Hope you have a wonderful day.

Our Daily Bread - red, white, blue
Simon Says - anything
Sister Act - anything
Crafty Catz - flowers
House that Stamps Built - summer





10 comments:

  1. Wow - what close and careful observation skills! Great job of capturing the details of the flowers. Thanks for sharing your card with us at the Sister Act Challenge Blog this week.
    Cathy xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Marsha, I LOVE how your paper flowers look so much like real Sweet Williams! WOW! It's beautiful! So glad you joined the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week! Hugs and blessings, Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely! These flowers are perfect for the sketch. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Suuuuuuuweeeeeeettt!! Red, white and bluetiful!! Thanks for joining us for the ODBD Shining the Light Challenge!! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is beautiful!! I love the dimension of the flowers!!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Tuesday Morning Sketches!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, these are FABULOUS! And what a wonderful garden surprise, really :) Thank you so much for coming to play at Tuesday Morning Sketches with us!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your inspiration and floral card! Stunning.

    Thanks for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful, the flowers are fabulous and just ever so pretty!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is gorgeous Marsha!! Love the flowers and your use of red, white and blue!! Thanks for joining ODBD this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a gorgeous creation. Thank you for joining us over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete