Monday, May 1, 2017

Birds, Branches, Pearls

 Good Morning.  I'm here with a card that I am sharing on the Dies R Us Inspirational Blog.
Every once in awhile I make an easel card, especially if I know that the recipient wants to save the card and display it.  One of the tricky parts of making an easel card is how to keep the back propped up Let me show you a fun way to accomplish this.
 
 
Elizabeth Crafts Designs has dies that are used to help keep the back portion of your card up.  They are called "stand up helpers". The one I used is Happy Birthday.

First cut the card stock that is going to be used for the base then line up the stand up helper die on the bottom fold:
When you run it through your cutting machine, the die is designed to cut the words but not cut along the fold line:
 I wanted the letters to pop, so I used a piece of white cardstock, used the same die and then trimmed it from the piece of cardstock.  Then I adhered it over the brown letters:

I decorated the rest of the card with Elizabeth Crafts Stitched OvalsDie-namites Birds on a Branch, and Cheery Lynn Fanciful Flourish dies. 

Thanks for looking and I appreciate you taking the time to comment.
 

click below for:


Challenges:
Simon Wednesday - anything
7 Kids College Fun - anything
Simon Monday - great outdoors
Joy Clair - photo inspiration
Word Art Wednesday - anything 


5 comments:

  1. Pretty! The dimensional sentiment diecutting is fun! :) Thanks for playing in the Joy Clair Challenge this month. Good Luck! Kerry, JCDT

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a pretty design, very elegant.
    Thanks for joining in at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Caryn x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card! I love the type print paper for your background! Thanks for sharing with us at the Joy Clair May Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a beautiful card and I adore the design and the die cuts which really pop and create such a striking impact! Thanks so much for sharing and for playing along with us over on the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog... :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is lovely!! Thank you so much for joining our challenge at 7 Kids Your Crafting Supply Store!!

    ReplyDelete