Sunday, September 10, 2017

Time For Rest

Wow, what a week!  I thought after the grands went back to school, things would slow down.  No.  We had our son and his family for six days because they had to get out of the smoke of the forest fires where they live.  Three active boys and a new baby.  Here is a pic of my precious new grandson, 2 weeks old. He is so good, we hardly knew he was with us.
They went back home Friday night so we spent Saturday with another son and his wife at a Wooden Boat show.  I am tired!
Sunday is a day of rest and I surely could use some R and R so I had a late, leisurely breakfast on the front porch, took a nap, and then spent a few hours in my newly organized craft room.  I can actually find things now- hahaha. I figure I will have to live til I am 220 years old in order to use all my designer paper! but at least it is sorted and categorized now.
So, here is one of the images I colored and turned into a card.


Stamp - Altenew
Background paper - Doodle Pantry

I think I will do some more coloring - so therapeutic.  Tomorrow I will have to re-enter reality - laundry, vacuuming, dusting, scrubbing little hand marks off windows, door, etc.  (And to think I used to do that every day with my own six children!)  But today I rest.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - stamp
Simon Wednesday - stamp
Work It Wednesday - stamp
Cardz TV - anything
Altenew - photo inspiration
7 Kids - anything
Crop Stop - anything
Daily Marker - 30 days coloring challenge

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful card Marsha! I love the embroidery you added, such a delightful touch! Sounds like you were busy!! Thanks for sharing your awesome project with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge! hugs, Maura

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww.. what a sweet little boy! So precious!
    Love the beautiful card you created with the lovely embroidery for an accent! So happy you linked your lovely card up to Cropstop this month!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a pretty floral card, your coloring is quite lovely! Thanks for joining us at 7 Kids!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card Marsha! It's so elegant and pretty.
    Aww what a precious bundle your new grandson is.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! And a handsome feller you got there. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad that you join the fun over Altenew September Inspiration Challenge! WONDERFUL!

    ReplyDelete