Wednesday, January 9, 2013

New Tri-Fold Card

Sandy Allnock at Operation Write Home came up with a new tri-fold card giving lots of room to write on the back page.  Her tutorial is Here.
I loved the paper  I used on my first try but I didn't like the way I colored the lamp.(I like the liquid pearls but not the base)  So I made a second card and I am really am very happy with it.
So, here is my first card:
And here is the inside:
I used Unity stamps for this first card.

Second card, using a digital image by Whoopsadaisy on the front and Hero Arts sentiments inside:


Cuttlebug flowers with liquid pearl centers.  Butterflies - Martha Stewart punch with liquid pearl body.

If you are interested in trying a tri-fold, I encourage you to try Sandy's - easy measurements, lots of room to write.

Challenges:
A Blog Named Hero - something new
Stamptacular Sunday - no square card
Our Daily Bread - new and old
Crafty Creations - something new
Timeless Tuesday - something new

23 comments:

  1. Marsha, these are beautiful! Love that special fold, I'm going to try it!! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both great!! I'll have to check out the instructions for this! It looks much less complicated than the 'normal' tri-fold!
    Beautiful papers on both cards!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both such pretty cards and I love the sentiments you put in both of them! That's a great use of that digi stamp on the 2nd! Well done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous cards, love the fold and how you designed/decorated them,wonderful!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't thought of hanging something a tad off for a nice effect like you did. I love all of them and no way is one more wonderful than the other...thanks for a whole lot of inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow, I've not seen the trifold done that way before, I love how it leaves you room to write! Your cards are gorgeous...I like the reds, but blue is my favorite! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Both cards are really amazing! I've never tried a trifold! Maybe it's time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are stunning Marsha! I've never tried a trifold card yet.. Should ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I just love tri folds and yours are just beautiful. Thanks for joining the ODBD Shining the Light challenge this week!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful cards, Marsha!! They look amazing!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great cards! I really like that second one.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are lovely, Marsha! I really need to try this card fold.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I think both these cards look terrific! I like this tri-fold variation.

    ReplyDelete
  14. These cards are fabulous. So unique. And of course great Unity stamps.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Your fancy fold is so impressive. These are such beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Fabulous fold cards, both delightful! I must get more adventurous with my card styles - thank you for inspiring me! Thanks for playing with us at Crafty Creations Challenges this week! bx

    ReplyDelete