Monday, February 17, 2014

Keep Your Face To The Sunshine

Paper Makeup Stamps has a new challenge - dimension.
Because most of my cards go to Operation Write Home, I keep them quite flat but I can add some dimension with a thin two sided foam tape.  That is what I did for this card.





After printing the sun image two times on two shades of yellow, I cut them out and stacked the face of the sun on top the rays with the dimensional tape. (after I added some color with pencils)
To make the frame, I used a Spellbinder die to cut out a negative space on the front of a folded card then glued the white card to the inside behind the negative space.
The card seemed a little plain so I did a little piercing in the corners and added dew drops to the sun's cheeks.

Hope this card brought you a little sunshine to your face.
Come join us at Paper Makeup and take the digi makeover challenge.

Challenges:
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Sister Act - anything
Penny's Paper Crafting - mono
Open Minded - mono 




8 comments:

  1. I love this card Marsha, so bright & cheerful :o)
    hugs Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. so lovely! thanks for joining penny's challenge! Steph DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges and good luck.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card love the colour so bright and summery. Thank you for joining us over at Open-Minded Crafting Fun, Good Luck and we hope to see you again soon. Alison xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha
    This is adorable. Thank you for sharing this lovely art with us. Please come back soon.
    Blessings, Carole Word Art Wednesday DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is gorgeous! I love that sun and I love that you popped the center circle. So cute!! Love it! Thanks so much for playing along with us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges!!! Good Luck! I hope we see you again!!

    - Susan, Co-Owner @ Open-Minded Crafting Fun Challenges
    {Scrap A Thousand Words}

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a fun card, this just put a smile on my face!! Thanks so much for joining us at Open-Minded Crafting Fun! Hope you join us again!

    sharla~dt

    ReplyDelete
  8. that card is sure to bring some smile to someone! Love the bright colors you have used for this.

    Thanks for joining our fortnightly challenge here at Open Minded Crafting Fun Challenge. Hope you will join us next time co-owner Crafting Vicky. I’m doing a little giveaway to celebrate 500 followers come and join in http://crafting-vicky.blogspot.ca/2014/02/woooow-celebration-in-order-its-500.html

    ReplyDelete