Friday, February 21, 2014

Looking Forward To Spring

We see little hints of Spring - daffodils poking up, faint color on tips of branches, some warm days and then we have the forecast of snow this weekend.  It is those crazy weeks between winter and spring.  Aren't we all ready for Spring?  I get anxious around this time of year.   So here is a card in anticipation:
I knew I wanted to go with the wood theme so I just kept playing around until I came up with this combo.  I used a piece of Kraft and embossed with a wood grain EF then rubbed some ink on the top to bring out the dimension.  The piece of wood grain designer paper is a sneak preview of some new Doodle Pantry papers coming out in a few days.
The image is by Robyn's Fetish.
Sketch is MFT

So while I wait (impatiently) for more signs of Spring such as bird's nests, I will continue to enjoy the early signs and also the majestic eagles that are so plentiful in February and March.

Challenges:
Kraft Journal - die cut
Crafty Cardmakers - birds
Cuttin and Stampin - spring
Penny's Paper Crafts - lots of layers
Totally Paper Crafts - spring
My Favorite Things - sketch

11 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing this great design with us. I love the cute bird image and you have some lovely texture there too

    Lin
    Crafty Cardmakers and More

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute card! It definitely makes me think of SPRING! Thanks for joining us at Cuttin and Stampin.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is adorable, Marsha! I love the birdie, and the wood grain look is awesome with the image. It all comes together beautifully. Thanks for sharing with us in this week's Die Cut Challenge.
    Karen
    The Kraft Journal

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so sweet! I love the wood grain embossing :) Thanks so much for joining us at Crafty Cardmakers And More for our "Come Fly With Me" challenge.
    Fiona x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card! Love how the die cut leaves continues off the image! Thanks for linking up at Cuttin' and Stampin'! Karen N, DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your card is so sweet! I'm definitely looking forward to Spring! Hope you had a great weekend and thank you for linking up with the die cut challenge a The Kraft Journal!♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. A real sweet image and great design. Thank you for joining us at CCM&M this time.
    Yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  8. How sweet!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty and I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great use of the sketch and a lovely job. Thanks for joining us at TPC.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty card! I love how it's coloured. Terrific job creating the wood grain, I honestly thought it was real. Thanks for taking part in our current challenge at Crafty Cardmaker's! I hope you join us again next time.
    Hugs, Tracey (DT)

    ReplyDelete