Saturday, July 29, 2017

A Tree Firmly Planted

The challenge at Words 2 Craft By is to make a card inspired by this quote:
"Liberty, when it begins to take root, is a plant of rapid growth." When looking at the key words, liberty, root, plant, growth, I was reminded of the verses in Psalms 1: 1-3:
" Blessed is the one who does walk in step with the wicked or stand in the way that sinners take or sit in the company of mockers but whose delight is in the law of the Lord, and who meditates on His (God's) law day and night.  That person is like a tree planted by streams of water, which yields its fruit in season.  Its leaves never wither.  In all that he does, he prospers. "
For my card I used two digital stamps.  I started with the tree, faded it out, then put the verse on top.  After printing, I added just a touch of green to the tree which normally prints black and white.
For the main panel under the oval I played with my one and only oxide ink pad, rubbing it on a piece of white cardstock then sprayed it with water and lastly stamped leaves (from a GKD set).  It isn't very clear, but the button in the middle of the twine is a maple leaf.  Recently I started supplying cards to a lady at my church who loves to send out cards.  I hope she likes this one.  (I do - heehee)
Thanks for looking.

Challenges:
Words 2 Craft By - quote
Simon Wednesday - anything
Joy Clair - anything
7 Kids - anything
Cardz TV - anything
Stamploration CAS


3 comments:

  1. Oh I love your beautiful masculine card -- that background is fantastic! Love the verse you used over the tree image as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your card, Marsha! You did a beautiful job with your digital image and verse - love how that turned out! Your DOX background is also awesome - bet you'll get more of those ink pads now...you can't have just one! Good to see you playing along with us for our "Liberty" challenge at W2CB!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marsha! What a pretty card! Your sentiment is lovely and, as always, I'm just a tad jealous of your digital stamp mastery. Aren't those Oxide Inks amazing. Something tells me they're a bit like Lays potato chips -- you just can't stop with one. LOL Thanks so much for playing along with us at Words 2 Craft By. We always look forward to seeing your projects in our gallery. :)

    ReplyDelete