Wednesday, June 6, 2018

Sunshine and Hard Work

It has been over two weeks since I have posted anything (BTW - A Big Welcome to new Followers!) and over a month since I picked up a Copic marker or colored pencil.  I don't think I have ever had those gaps before.   Lately I am usually too tired in the evening to even think about making a card.  But Sunday afternoon I took a page out of one of my adult coloring books and colored for at least an hour.  Today, after coming in from working in the yard for a few hours and then baking four loaves of bread and a batch of cookies, I sat down and finished the page.  I know I used to work like this all the time when the kids were small, but I sure didn't expect to work this hard at my age! and it is harder at this age!  Actually, each evening as I collapse onto the couch or into bed, I thank the Lord that I am bone tired because it means I have a home and property and the health to work on both.  Okay, enough talk.  Here is what I colored:

The page is 8 x 11 so I had to cut off an inch to put it in a frame but I wanted to hang it on the wall above my desk.  I have several other pages colored and want to change them out about every month or so.  After I hung it up, I showed this one and the other pages to my husband and was surprised that he liked this one the ..
Here is a pic that I used for my inspiration.  It is the photo inspiration at Time Out.

The funky flowers on the page looked like some in the photo and I love the colors so I tried to use those on my page.
Here are the Copics I used:
 Also used a few Prisma pencils.

I won't guarantee another blog post soon - still a lot to do outside.  Thanks for popping in this time  and for your support.

Challenges:
Simon Monday - bright and beautiful
Time Out - photo inspiration
Word Art Wednesday
Daily Marker - 30 days
Cardz TV

5 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful page, Marsha! You did an excellent job coloring -- glad you had a few minutes to relax after a day of hard work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did an amazing job on this and I enjoyed reading your post, too. It is a challenge to find the energy to keep up with all of life's demands and then be creative beyond that. But you're right: there is much to be grateful for! And onto your art: it is fabulous! I really like the color palette and your coloring skills really are top-notch. You have a great quote/scripture here and the whole thing is very inspiring. Thank you for sharing your work and your thoughts with us here at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful!! Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Word Art Wednesday. Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is gorgeous, Marsha. Thanks so much for sharing it with us at Word Art Wednesday. It always makes me happy to see your wonderful art linked up with us. I hope that all is well with you.
    Hugs,
    Karen Letchworth
    Word Art Wednesday

    ReplyDelete