Friday, October 5, 2018

Dot the I and Cross the T

That is what I forgot to do - dot the "I".  But of course, I did not notice it until I took a photo of the card.  It is now fixed (it was still on my cutting plate !)  but you will have to settle for the un-dotted picture.

I love this new digital stamp by Stamploration and the die, Hug in a Mug, by the same company makes for a perfect combo.  The cup is fussy cut and then popped up with dimensionals.  I backed the Vanilla panel with Pumpkin Pie cardstock, making sure it was the same width as the triple scallop.  The scallop was cut with a die - not sure of the company.  I've had it for many years.  It is 9 inches long and cut out 8 scallops so I just used 3 on the strip.
The embossed paper is from a 12 x 12 Recollections paper pad.
Image was colored with Copics and Prisma pencils.  The cup and handle are light brown IRL but are washed out in this photo. And the square behind the cup and the strip behind the sentiment is Vanilla.  Sometimes you just can't capture the real colors. 
Here is the sketch I used:
Challenges:
Tuesday Morning Sketch 
Double D - pumpkin
Die Cut Divas - Autumn

Word Art Wednesday - anything
Stamploration - anything goes never ending challenge
Cutplorations - photo inspiration
Stamploration  theme and sketch - Autumn

14 comments:

  1. Wonderful card! I really like the scallop for that element!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a beautiful mug! Love the card design and the die cut sentiment is perfect. I'm glad you shared with us at Double D. This is fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous card, Marsha! The embossed background design is beautiful and the mug....I love it! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Scarin' Up Some Pumpkins" Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  4. OMG this is so cool! What a fabulous design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Scare’n Up Some Pumpkins’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

    Darlene
    DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, this is beautiful! Love the image and how you colored it... love the layers and layout! Thanks so much for stopping by my place too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card. I like your take on the sketch. The "brackets" are a nice change from the squares. Lovely embossed background. Thank you for sharing your card with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card Marsha. That die certainly is perfect here. Thanks for sharing with us for our October CUTplorations Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marsha, if I had a penny for everything I noticed AFTER the picture was taken, well, I'd be rich! Lovely card, the mug looks SO 3D! Thanks for sharing your creation with us over at Die Cut Diva's ~ Christi DT

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh very cool! Love the mug with that pumpkin on it. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a beautiful fall card -- love your interpretation of that sketch! (You sound like me - leaving the dot off your "i" - I've been guilty of just losing the dot and just leaving it that way!)
    So happy you linked this up to the Cropstop blog this month!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love this sentiment with our without the dot. It reminds me of earlier days when a cup of coffee with friends and neighbors were something that we did as often as we could. Your mug is gorgeous and it would be nice to have one in real life. Thanks for sharing it with us at Seize the Birthday.
    Barbara DT member

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lovely card with or without the dot! I love the colouring on the cup. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamplorations Theme & Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love the image on the mug which you colored so wonderfully. If I have an "I" and miss the "dot" of the "I", sometimes I just add Nuvo in the same color or try to find the dot among the many dots on my table. If you hadn't told us, I would never have missed it. Nice catch. You card feels really fresh and cute. So glad you joined us at Die Cut Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A gorgeous Autumn coffee mug, Marsha! Your fall colours and images are wonderful and so artfully arranged! Thrilled you shared your creativity in the STAMPlorations CUTplorations gallery!
    ~carol

    ReplyDelete