Monday, October 15, 2018

Getting Ready for Winter

No, I am not looking forward to winter and I am not ready but I have been trying to work on things in the flower and veggi gardens to get ready.  I planted 80 tulip bulbs last week and added to the compost heap with old vegetables from the garden.  SO, should I be getting ready for winter in the card making department?  Well, I can't even get motivated to make Christmas cards but I did make a winter card.
Inspired by a sketch at MFT
This card took too many attempts and too many hours but it turned out pretty cute.  I couldn't get a good picture of it - the sky is a darker blue than shows here.  I sponged blue distress ink then stamped the snowflakes with Versamark, embossing them with a mix of white and iridescent embossing powder.  The images: bird house is GKD , snowman and trees are Stampin' Up.
The window frame is strips of cardstock.  The corners are mitered. 
Here is the sketch I used:
It is beautiful outside today so I'm heading out to do some more winterizing.

Challenges:
MFT - sketch
Work It Wednesday - fav stamping technique (masking)
Word Art Wednesday - anything 

1 comment: