Saturday, December 16, 2017

Clever Packaging

Here is one more idea I found while I was preparing for a gift wrapping demo.  Tosh Leyendekker made the prettiest bag topper.  I just had to try this great idea.
Here is my take - not half as pretty as Tosh's but it was fun and surprisingly easy.

The top and sides (which I punched with a Recollection punch) is one piece, scored, and folded to fit around the top of the bag.  Slits are cut for the handles to poke through.
The holly strip is from an old scrapbook kit.  Red glitter strip is ribbon.
I made this tag with three fabulous Elizabeth Kraft Design dies - tag dies, poinsettia dies, and holly die.
I really love this idea and will definitely do it again.
Challenges:
Simon Monday - Christmas
Scrapyland - anything
Cuttlebug Mania - anything Christmas
Word Art Wednesday - anything
Scor pal - Christmas and more than one fold
Crop Stop - anything
Stamploration - tags

Power Poppy - CASE 12 days of Christmas ideas
CardzTV - anything


10 comments:

  1. What a beautiful way to dress up bags for Christmas - I love that pretty poinsettia!
    So happy you linked up to the Cropstop blog with this lovely bag!

    We'd also love to have you join us for the Tic Tac Toe challenge on The House That Stamps Built. (You have Christmas/Red-Green/Glitter).
    You can check it out here: http://www.thehousethatstampsbuilt.com/tic-tac-toe-challenges/tic-tac-toe-challenge-d1317

    ReplyDelete
  2. So very pretty! I like the added poinsettia tag to match. Wonderful job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marsha, I love the trim and tag you made. WOW! The poinsettia is a beauty.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a wonderful idea to pimp up the paper bags. It looks fabulous. Thank you so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. Hugs, Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marsha, your topper is absolutely charming!! I love the holly trim with the sparkly red ribbon! And your tag is just super darling!! So glad you joined our 12 Days of Christmas challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautifully done! Love these toppers! Thanks for joining us at Scor-Pal!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooo! This is a lovely tag, Marsha. The poinsettia is beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along at TAGplorations. I hope you come back and join in the fun again next month. Also, I hope that you have a blessed Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  8. well, you have been busy! This is my fave so far :) Thank you for joining in with us at STAMPlorations TAGplorations December challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is a wonderful gift bag, Marsha!
    Thank you for joining Cuttlebug Mania this time!
    Hugs, Swissie DT (Liv)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks so pretty. Thank you for playing along with the December TAGplorations challenge xx

    ReplyDelete