Saturday, December 1, 2012

My Fashion Style This Winter

Necklines will be higher.  Hems will be lower - no leg showing. Color palette - black, blues, purples, greens.  Now these would not be my first choices but the team of doctors in the Cardiovascular unit at our hospital insist that this is the choice for awhile.  Yes, in case you did not read the previous post  (written by one of my sons who is an I.T. guy and knows how to get into my computer !) I had open heart surgery (quad bypass) November 20th.  Unexpected.  Full of miracles.
So this is my first post since then.  I can finally sit long enough to type a little without needing a nap!  I hope it  won't be long before I can get back in here to my craft room and make up some cards.  I have so many thank you cards to make and send.   But I must try to be patient, especially since the re-coop time is 4 - 8 weeks.
So where did this card come from?  It is one I made right before I went into the Cardiologist for my consultation, which turned out to be a "do not pass go, do not collect $$, but instead go straight into the hospital for surgery the next morning."

I had no idea who I was making this for at the time.  But we found out that a friend from years back went in for heart surgery exactly a week after I did.  So I will be sending it to him.

The purples really do match IRL.  The image and sentiment are by Doodle Pantry.  Flowers are cut out with Cuttlebug dies.
I used a sketch for a sketch challenge - the origins escapes me.  Here are a few challenges that I have grabbed from my blog list.

Thanks for looking.  And have a great day.  I'm going to !

Pile It On - anything but Christmas
Party Time Tuesdays - anything
Cuttlebug Tuesday - use scraps
Clear it Out - ugly paper
Chocolate, Coffee, Cards - CAS

20 comments:

  1. So good to see you back, Marsha! Rest and follow doctors' orders. Recovery time is important and once it's done, you'll feel so good. :-D Gentle hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Marsha, it's so good to "see" you!!! You have been in my thoughts and prayers. Adorable card, that's for sure. Take care of yourself!!!

    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT to see you in Blogland!!
    Prayers for a quick recovery,
    meanwhile take it easy and take care of yourself!
    HUGS
    Lorianna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a cute card I am loving all the bright and cheerful colors !! Thanks for joining us at The Cuttlebug Spot this week !!
    Brianna

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great to hear you are recouping and doing well, just take things slow and easy and listen to your doctors and nurses - you will feel better each week. Darling card - and I am sure it will make the friend you are going to send it to very happy. Take care and keep ion touch when you feel up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a delight to hear that you are on the mend!! Love this cute card and the bright colors too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marsha! So nice to hear that you are on the mend! Just make sure to take it easy and take care of yourself so you can mend quickly and be back creating with us! I love this sweet little card!
    hugs,
    Ellen

    ReplyDelete
  8. It's fantastic to hear you are home and getting stronger each day! Love your sweet card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Good to see you back, if only for a short post! Take it easy and let time do it's healing!
    hugs
    Glenda

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great to see you up and typing, even if its for a short time! Before you know it you'll be back in your room crafting away!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey Marsha,

    It's good to see that you can sit and enjoy, even if just for a little bit. I thought it was so sweet of your son to post for you, and you are in my prayers for a super duper speedy recovery. Love your card, and hope your friend recovers quickly as well. Look forward to your next share.

    xo
    Judy

    ReplyDelete
  12. Super cute card. Thanks for joining in at the Cuttlebug Spot this week.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Good to 'hear' from you! Take it easy, follow the doctors orders, and let yourself recover!! I'll keep praying for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wonderful news about your successful surgery & that it was "full of miracles".
    Your card will be a great pick-me-up for your friend who is also recooping. Great use of those wild papers. :)
    Thanks so much for joining us at Clear It Out challenges. We love to help you use up your stash. Hope you join us again.
    Huggies & Smiles ~
    Sharron♥

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thanks for playing at clear It Out hope to see you join us again...tfs...Lynn <((><

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hope you are recovering well and are able to craft a little. That must have been quite a shock. Wishing you all the best in your recovery.

    Your card is adorable! I love that image and your pairing with bright colours is sure to put a smile on your friend's face.

    Thanks for linking up with us at The Cuttlebug Spot.

    Rachel x

    ReplyDelete
  17. A cute card for your friend! Love the stripe paper! Thanks for joining us for our Ugly Paper challenge at Clear It Out! We have a new challenge starting today with LOTS of prizes!
    ~sandy
    visit my blog @ sandy's crafty creations

    ReplyDelete
  18. this is soooo cute I love it!!
    Thanks for joining us at Chocolate, Coffee and Cards Challenges!!¦
    hugs
    xMx

    you can visit
    http://whenthescraphitsthefun.blogspot.com/
    and http://colorinkdigistamps.blogspot.gr/
    for my free digis!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Aww what a sweet image. Thank you for joining us at CC&CC.
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So happy to see you posting.....still keeping you in my thoughts and prayers. I am sure your friend will love this card. Hope he is recovering well. Take care of yourself and just enjoy all of the attention.
    hugs.....Patti

    ReplyDelete